Monday, June 2, 2008

Anxious...

Okay, I am slowly approaching the point of insanity now. I am sick of living out of boxes, backpacks, and laundry baskets. Once the kids are out of school, I am really going to go crazy. They are done next Monday. Mike has been spending up to 15 hours a day at the house Friday, Sat, and Sundays. Yesterday though was a *measly*-haha- 13 hours. He is out there again today. He is now off of work on Mondays and Fridays instead of Thurs/Fridays. The hardwood is taking forever, the one night all he was able to get done was a small 3 ft section. The problem is that the planks are only 2" wide, much narrower than a typical wood floor.

Bad news, Mike's truck was broken into last week. It happened while he was working his day job, he was parked on the lakefront. Someone smashed the passenger window and rummaged through everything. Luckily Mike doesn't really keep anything valuable in the front, there was a small saw stolen though.

I haven't really been on the computer a whole lot lately. We stayed at my grandparents part of the week and I don't bring my computer along. I also bartended twice this past week, and it was crazy busy. We shopped for appliances one night. We did pick out the appliances officially now, though we are waiting to actually purchase them this week because there was a 20% rebate being offered this week.

Cabinets are being started today. Oh, that's not starting to be installed, that's starting being built. He says it'll only take 3 weeks or so, which is hard to believe, but that would be fantastic. I met with him last week, and saw a sample of what our bench will look like and laundry room cabinets because he had another job with similar cabinets. They looked really nice. I am going to see if he can make us a custom kitchen table to go with the bench, so we aren't struggling to find a table that fits just right. I am hoping that cabinets is what we are waiting for to get in the house, but I doubt it because lots of flooring needs to be put in, the porch needs to be done, and the stairs need to be rebuilt, just to name a few things.

Good news is I have some pictures--hardwood floors are done in the dining room and entryway, and started in the kitchen. Just need to finish the mudroom, 1/2 bath, and laundry room, and I think maybe we'll do the upstairs hallway if it's not too late to order more flooring. Then at least the hardwood floors will be done. Still have to do the carpet and laminate though in the rest of the house.




The woodwork isn't on yet, but this is what it looks like placed against the wall--a 5 1/4" wide white baseboard.




The interior doors were delivered and are sitting in our garage. Mike's Dad started hanging some of the doors upstairsover the weekend! I haven't been out there since Friday, so hopefully I can get some pictures after school today.

No comments: