In every room but one!! The kid's area with the shower is the only room that has not been painted yet. That will be a limey green. All other areas of the house have one coat of paint on, but need at least one more coat. Not sure how I feel about the red entryway, but we'll leave it, I suppose. I think it's really dark, but maybe once our real dront door and sidelights are put in, with a little light it won't seem so dark. The kid's bath is not quite the color I expected either...how in the world can I be expected to pick out paint for an entire room by looking at a 2x2 square of color!?! We'll see...I am trying hard to envision the kid's bath with stuff/cabinets in it, but it's hard. It's not that it's a bad color, it's just very odd.
The flooring was supposed to be in this past week, but we didn't get a phone call yet. Mike wants to start the hardwood ASAP (as soon as the painting is completely done of course.) While the things I picked out are nice, I already know that the floor for the master bath isn't really going to go with the rest of the bathroom, and same with the kid's bath. The upstairs carpet I already know was an awful decision--it doesn't go with the runner going up the stairs, and I wish I could go back and do it over, because I'd pick out different stuff for sure. Considering doing hardwood in the hallway upstairs so it doesn't look goofy where the runner from the stairs meets the second floor. Obviously too late to cancel the carpet altogether, since it's been ordered ---which I called the guy the day after we met with him to change things and he said it was too late and everything had been ordered and probably cut at the warehouse (which Mike thought was a load of crap), so I'd be charged a 20% restocking fee. Couldn't afford to do that unfortunately, so I will just have to live with more of my poor decisions. It's just so hard, you go and pick out stuff you like, and don't really think about how it will go with the rest of the house--paint colors, cabinet color & style, etc. I hope everything blends together somehow, and that nothing looks completely wacky or out of place. I am really just sick of looking and picking stuff out, and worrying about it all matching. I am so over all of this, and wondering when we will move in. It will be a while yet--still have to put all flooring in, the doors, the woodwork, the cabinets, light fixtures, and plumbing fixtures, and of course, the porch.
But it's mostly painted, and that's cool!!
In the kitchen, looking at the pantry in the corner, and the dining room doorway. Kitchen color is latte...I was hoping for more of a "coffee with lots of cream" color like our old house, it's a little darker than I thought, but it will be fine, I think. 2nd picture I'm in dining room looking into the kitchen. in dining room looking into the kitchen.

Cal's room finished with the blue & gray ...Girls' Room. I am going to put up a chair rail where the two colors meet. I took their quilts in and perfectly matched colors with it. Some pink & buoyant blue.
rear of the house...just a little more siding to go!!!!!! Next, on to the porch!!!
1/2 bath--dockside blue. Hard to get a good picture, there is not a window in there.
Great room looking at the fireplace wall--2 shades lighter in the same color family as the kitchen (don't remember the name!) This color is also upstairs in the hallway, as well as going up the stairs. You can see the dark red on the wall on the right in the entryway. Above is the balcony (we ran out of the lighter tan but the white area below the balcony will be painted, too). The left doorway is the master bedroom, the right doorway goes down to the basement. The 1/2 bath is directly across from the master bedroom, but you can't see that in the picture.

Mudroom--cupola yellow ...& Laundry room--was going to be a green, but Mike accidentally took a different paint swatch that had "laundry" written on it. I actually think it's a perfect color for the laundry room...very clean and fresh looking!! It's lighter than the 1/2 bath blue.

Cal's room finished with the blue & gray ...Girls' Room. I am going to put up a chair rail where the two colors meet. I took their quilts in and perfectly matched colors with it. Some pink & buoyant blue.
1 comment:
wow it is really starting to come together. I am getting so excited to see the finished product!
Post a Comment