Monday, September 22, 2008

Garbage cans and grass...

I love this picture I took of our grass. Mike just planted it less than 2 weeks ago, I think. It's sprouting in the front really well! The lawn is green, though it will probably take years to get a full lawn! He just planted the back last week, and we saw the first sprouts yesterday. It literally grows before your eyes! I can't believe how quickly it grows.

Hooray for garbage cans. We had ours delivered Thursday, so we can finally stop piling garbage up in the driveway.


There's not much else to say about the house...I mean, nothing has really changed since the last post. The lockers are up, but no hooks in them yet. I cleaned the laundry room because the entire countertop was misc. tools, screws, hardware, etc. I wish I could organize the rest of the house as well as the drawer in the laundry room...

I guess from here on out, this will just be Elizabeth's blog...it won't really be all about the house anymore since there isn't a whole lot going on with it.

So on my friend's blog, she made a list of possibly little known facts, so I thought that would be fun, though probably alot of them are well known!!

1. I love lima beans. I'll eat them out of the can cold.
2. I love spaghettios. I'll eat them out of the can cold, too.
3. I’ve been a vegetarian since 1988.
4. I love the smell of taco meat, polish sausage, and sloppy joes. No I won’t eat them.
5. I’m going to be 30 in less than a month, and it’s freaking me out!
6. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 3 ½ yrs ago, and beat it.
7. My son was named after Cal Ripken, Jr.
8. My youngest daughter would’ve been named Brett if she was a boy.
9. I spend a good portion of football season in front of the television on a Sunday (watching all or parts of each game that is on!). and now Monday nights too since we have ESPN!
10. I also love baseball.
11. I don’t watch many movies.
12. I wanted to be a meteorologist when I was growing up. I still have a weather obsession.
13. I am not very adventurous. I have a fear of way too much!
14. I want my own Harley someday. first I have to get over that fear of driving a motorcycle thing...
15. I love the smell of matches, nail polish, new babies, new cars, and new houses!
16. I love music. LOVE it. Couldn’t live without it. Fave bands: Dave Matthews & Cracker, and a gazillion more. Anything 90’s, alternative, I love it.
17. I love how certain songs takes me back to a certain time/event in life (back to the love of music thing).
18.I don’t really have a favorite color.
19. I don’t think I could live without internet, and certainly I couldn’t live without a cell phone, seeing as we don’t have a landline.
20. I love scrapbooking. Duh.
21. I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet. And I am extremely inpatient.
22. In high school I was a cheerleader, on the yearbook committee and wrote for the newspaper.
23. I still have every single essay I wrote from 7th grade on. I also have numerous school papers from earlier.
24. I save way too much stuff.
25. I used to play school when I was younger with my sister, cousins, and friends. But only I could be the teacher. I guess I was kinda bossy.
26. I accidentally put my arm through a window when I was 5, and was told I would never again use my arm (Good thing though that I’m not left handed)
27.I would love to go back to school and become a pharmacist, but I don’t know if I could pull it off, nor do I think I have the energy or self motivation.
28. I worry way too much about what others think, even though I say I don’t.
29. I hold grudges forever.
30. I am definitely not the wallflower at a party.
31. I am going to see New Kids on the Block in October (was in love with Joey!).

I am sure I could come up with many more, but I'll leave it at that for now!!
One last picture for the day. First day of school...



Okay, one more. Waiting for the bus...

No comments: