We are moved in. We are sleeping at the house!! The kids and I have been here about a week (?) I think. We just got internet here, so that's why it's been so long since I have posted. SAM is almost completely emptied, and there really aren't that many boxes (maybe 5??) in the garage awaiting a permanent place.
There's still so much work to be done, but it's nice to be home! Cal's room is almost completely in order (he is the only one with a finished closet at the moment!). He just needs curtains/shades. All of his boxes are unpacked.
The girls' room is a bit of a challenge; I've moved it around many times, and nothing seems to be right where it should be. I also have to keep in mind that another bed will be put in there (soon, hopefully!--for Maddie). Haven't really unpacked too much of their stuff.
The kitchen is pretty well in order, other than the cabinet doors that are missing (they are being worked on--on a couple he made the wrong size, on two others we are waiting for the glass to be put in them). We still need mirrors in every bathroom. I guess the biggest issue right now is the lack of window coverings!! It is REALLY bright in the morning--the kids are up when the sun rises. Our bedroom is the only room with curtains at the moment.
School starts tomorrow, I am certainly more nervous than the kids. At registration the other night a lot of kids questioned Kaycey's new hair. One girl in her class knows about the wig and said she was going to tell everyone. While that doesn't seem like too big a deal, it kind of is since Kaycey doesn't want people to know it's a wig. Not quite sure how to approach all of this...if it becomes a problem, we will send her to a different school. Cal and Kaycey start their sports for the season on Wednesday...why the rec dept. decides it's a good idea to have the sports on the same night is beyond me...it means lots of running around (their practices are at two different fields). I am hoping to find that one of the other teams happens to practice on a different night (coaches choose when to practice) and that they'll let me switch. I'd rather drive them 2 nights than try to to do it all in one night!! Maddie starts dance class on Friday, too. For now we didn't sign her up for any school. We figure she could always start at the semester...she's little, and I like having her at home!
I'll post recent pictures soon!!
2 comments:
Wow, congrats on all the work. I hadn't checked your blog for awhile. I'm sure you're loving being in the house, and I can't wait to see it! And you. I miss you!
Yay!!!
I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see it!!!
Post a Comment