Friday, March 12, 2010

feb 28-mar 7

yikes, I got some catching up to do. well, it's pretty simple once I have the time. My pictures from my new camera are saved by date, so I can easily look them up to go with whichever date I'd like. And I've been pretty good about keeping my notes daily, too.

Feb 28
So I thought I had appendicitis. Didn't want to mess around with that, so decided the best thing to do was to go to Urgent Care, being a Sunday, I couldn't just call the doc. So away we went, all 6 of us, to the Urgent Care. Mike and the kids waited a while with me, then he took them to McD's for lunch and I waited some more. Only to find out once they took me back that they don't have a CT tech on weekends, so I'd have to go to the ER anyhow. Argh. Two hours, wasted. So then Mike took me to the ER with the kids in tow. They were really good. While waiting at the ER we decided we better do something with the kids in case I needed to have my appendix out. Our closest option was Mike's brother, who was 10-15 minutes away. He took the older 3 there (being that they have three of their own, one being only 5 months older than Sadie, and his brother's wife wasn't home...was not about to leave his brother with 7 kids...) So Mike came back by me with Sadie. She of course was a perfect angel. Four hours, a urine test, and a CT later they decided it was a UTI ( which oddly I had no normal symptoms of a UTI). Anyhow, what a long and torturous day. Glad when we finally got home, and ALL went to bed.

Mar 1
Still didn't feel very good. In fact, I didn't write much of anything down for the majority of this week, because I wasn't feeling great. Mike took the kids to their first 4H meeting (several kids from school are part of it, too, and I thought it sounded fun and interesting for the kids). Apparently the meeting was terribly boring. $55 down the tube?? I hope not. I hope it gets better than the boring meeting. Anyone else in 4H? I'm very new to it, know only what I am reading on the 4H website.

Mar 2
My grandparents came over with dinner and slept over. Mike met a friend out after work, so it was nice to have an extra hand around since I was feeling kinda blah yet. But I was determined to start cleaning the upstairs. So my Grandma, sister, and I moved most of the toys to the bonus room, and most of Kaycey's stuff from the girls' room to Kaycey's new room.

This little lady LOVES her fingers.
Mar 3
Believe it or not, for the very first time we saw a deer in our back yard. I barely caught a glimpse of it, so I couldn't get a picture. We've seen footprints plenty of times, but never actually saw one until today!
Mar 4
Spelling bee day!! The kids were nervous about the spelling bee, being that they actually had to sit in the gym facing a crowd, and using a microphone. Kaycey took first place! Cal took third place (on an unfortunate and tricky word--a homophone, accept. He spelled except, even after hearing the sentence. He was really disappointed, but I let him know that I was in many spelling bees growing up and I messed up on words that didn't seem all that tricky(two words I recall losing the first place spot to--pity and roommate in first and second grade).
in the hot seat
We went to eat by my Dad's, too, which seems to be a regular Thursday night occurrence. My sister came over and we all grilled her about a boy she went on a couple dates with : )

Kaycey and Maddie slept over at my Grandparents' house, since the kids were off school Friday the 5th. Cal and I stayed at my Dad's with Auntie till 9:30 or so...Auntie and Cal were trying to beat worlds in Mario Wii. Auntie was a champion gamer in her day. Haha!

Really been getting the itch to go back to school. Of course when I do, if it's soon, it would be part time. The problem is where should I go, and what should I do. 31 years old, and clueless. I thought we'd move out here and there'd be stay at home moms everywhere to hang out with. I am seriously one of the only ones. The one mom I've really become friends with is a Nurse Pracitioner by weekend, and a college professor during the week. Most of the moms at our school are nurses or teachers. Not that I want to do either of those jobs, I'm just saying. I need to do something. I know I'm a mom, and lucky to be able to stay home, BUT all of sudden all the kids will be in school and then what do I do? I've always joked that someday Mike could be the stay at home mom and I'd work.

Mar 5
Kids are off school, but I'm home with just Cal and Sadie.
We went by my Grandparents right after lunch, and Cal got to sleepover there by himself. I worked at the store for the first time in about 6 months or so. I really missed it, and I will enjoy having that little bit of spending money. But, I also felt like, what a hassle, for the 4 hours I worked, to have all 4 kids at my Grandparents and Mike have to pick up the girls on his way home from work. Oh well. It'll do for now.

My mom met me at Cousins after I closed the store. Yum, I hadn't had a sub from there since???

Mar 6
I shopped all day with Sadie. Literally all day. We went to 8 different stores. It was pretty nice out, so I walked along a strip mall and went in several stores, mostly just for something to do. I am still struggling with decorating ideas and curtain ideas, a year and a half after moving into the house. Pathetic really, that most of our first floor has nothing on the windows or walls yet. Bought lots of stuff that I'll probably just return anyways. By the way, Sadie was perfect all day!! As a reward (haha) we set up her "jenny jump up" and let her give it a whirl. She's a bit too small, I think, yet...but she lasted several minutes.
I think really it was just another thing to attempt to put in her mouth.
Mar 7
We went to early church because I worked at the store again today. Mike took the kids to his parents' house for the day. He went rummaging through their basement because there was some random things we've been missing since packing up our old house. He found our high chair (yay! will need that soon!) and our clocks that I had searched high and low for. The kids got to ride on the ATVs (something I am NOT comfortable with one bit) but at least Mike respects that for the most part, and we won't let Kaycey drive it (when we were out there for Christmas, we looked outside and there she was, DRIVING one. I ran outside in the snow with no shoes to yell at those who let her drive it...NOT cool. Especially since everyone knows how I feel about ATV's. Cal is a super cautious driver and goes slow...doesn't mean I like the fact he rides on one!! I don't think anyone under 16 should be on them, but apparently I am overprotective and extreme. Better than the opposite!!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

The kids must take after mom with that spelling intelligence. Can't say the same for my family. I'm alwaes glad two hav you arond to help me spel wen we are doin our scrapbook pags. I need a lot of help!