We went to early church (something we don't do very often!!) because Maddie's class was singing. She still didn't feel great, but she really wanted to sing. The song is so adorable, too!!
After the service, the kids went to Sunday School, and I stayed for a meeting about a group called Tomorrow's Choice. It is a group that helps pregnant teens/women in less than desirable circumstances--jobless, homeless,etc. They offer supplies and counseling services in a Christian atmosphere. I found it very interesting, and would like to find the time to volunteer at the place.
Later that afternoon, Cal went to a birthday party for a boy in his class to a hockey game. I am excited to see that he is forming friendships at the new school. Okay, the school isn't that new anymore, but while he is friends with every one, he doesn't really talk about anyone as a close friend (his real best friend is from is old school). The boys in his class at his current school aren't really interested in sports--at least not to the degree he is!--but they are really into legos. I'm glad Cal took a few steps back so to say, because it seemed like he was growing up too fast. He had been thinking legos and star wars were getting babyish. But now he is into all that again. Thank goodness!! Anyhow, he had a great time at the hockey game; it has been years since he's been to one (my Dad used to have season tix) and years since Cal took hockey/skating lessons.
Kaycey went to a soccer game with my sister (the Wave). My sister's friend is dating someone on the team, so I'm not sure if the team does this for just anyone, but they made a special point to talk to and take photos with Kaycey after the game. She thought it was so incredibly cool. She brought a soccer ball and almost the entire team signed it for her!
While the two big kids were gone all day, the little girls and I went to my Mom's for the day. We had dinner and watched the Olympics (Maddie loves it!!) Mike was at home working on Kaycey's new room--he's building a loft bed and also putting the shelving in the closet.
Feb 22
The kids made up their own version of American Idol. They took turns being the judges and made up contestant's names, and even Mike participated as a contestant, Cheesehead Bob. It was hilarious! Maddie thought everyone who performed was "great!"
Feb 23
Sadie can't get enough of her thumb...taking after a certain big sister, I guess! During the day the little girls and I went to my Grandma's for a few hours. I ran to a couple stores, and then she made pancakes and lingonberries for lunch. YUM.
Feb 24
WHen I picked Maddie up from school, "All the single ladies" was on the radio. She told me it's her favorite song. We went to the mall and met Ria (my stepmom) for lunch and shopping. We were looking for Easter dresses for the girls (well, also they will wear the same dress to Mike's sister's wedding in May). Maddie found lots of dresses she wanted, of course. She wanted them all. She decided on a white one with pastel colored embroidery, with a price tag of $80. Um, no. But, with my Stepmom's discount, some coupons, and a sale in a few days the dress came to $23.50. You read that right. Can't beat that!! And I got a cute pink one for Sadie with a little white sweater. I really wanted to shop for myself for some things, but ran out of time.
It snowed a bit and when we were leaving to go to the pre-church pizza dinner, Maddie said, "If our car gets stuck in the snow, we'll just have to call a mater to get it out." We had watched "Cars" recently...funny girl!
Feb 26
Did not sleep well last night. Root canal today. I was so nervous, it was insane. Mike stayed home from work to take me. The anticipation of course was terrible, and I don't think the nitrous oxide really worked to relax me. But once my mouth was numb, I really didn't feel anything. I was surprised how long it took, and I won't say I enjoyed the experience but I really didn't feel much pain at all...maybe because the tooth is dead?? I don't know, but hope I don't have to go through it again.
Maddie went to her friend's house to play for the day, so that was nice to come home and take a long nap, while Mike hung out with Sadie. Late in the afternoon, once the kids came home from school, I took the 2 older kids shopping (Cal doesn't have a pair of jeans without holes) & to dinner. Later that night, I met my old BFF, Fran, out for a couple hours. It was so nice to see her again & talk about all our crazy old times.
Feb 27
Mike worked all day on building Kaycey's bed. That night, I went out with my sister, and two cousins, Laura & Sara (the other crazy NKOTB fans, haha). We went to dinner and to see "Valentine's Day". It was cute, kinda predictable, but fun nonetheless. Still disappointed on the whole McDreamy/McSteamy deal---gotta see it to see what I mean : ) I really wasn't feeling great through the night, but I thought maybe it was from the root canal or just being tired. During the night, I got really sick and thought I might need Mike to take me to the Emergency room. I wasn't quite sure how we'd do this, with four kids in the middle of the night. So I decided to try to wait it out, at least till morning. And after getting sick, I thought I felt a little better, at least enough to make it till morning.
3 comments:
I'll have to find out what a yummy lingonberry is?
Wow... nice to catch up and I'm glad your root canal went well.
LOL at American Idol with your family. How fun! Wow, you do squeeze in a lot of running around with your little family! I'm lucky if I make it to Target once a week! :) I guess you have to when you have kids in school/activities, though.
Post a Comment