Okay, so I've been a bad blogger. I have been slacking on keeping my little journal, too. But I figure if I've made it to April, I better keep on chugging along with it!!
APRIL 1
Surgery day. I was SOOOOO nervous. But wow, it was a piece of cake. I don't remember any of it really. I like the whole being put under thing. Apparently I did tell the doctor that I wanted more babies and I hoped the next one was twins. And that she shouldn't tell Mike. But she did, haha : ) Oh and by the way--she found NOTHING wrong with my scar or anything else c-section related. So off to my regular doctor in a few weeks.
I slept all day at the hospital, and we didn't get home till around 7pm. The 3 older kids slept over by my Dad's, and little Sadie spent the day at my Grandma's. We picked her up on the way home. Our neighbor was kind enough to make us dinner and bring it over after the long day.
APRIL 2
I didn't feel great, but Mike went to work. We figured Sadie would nap, so I would nap. But she didn't, and was a little fussy on top of that! So Mike came home from work early, and of course, she was sleeping when he came home!!
My Dad brought the kids home and we went to church that evening. Cal slept over at a friend's, and the rest of us stopped for $1 sundaes at McDonalds.
APRIL 3
Cal went to another friend's house for a few hours. He had a great time! His friend lives on a lake and near some woods, so they had fun doing boy things.
Sadie isn't really enjoying the jenny jump up. She just kind of hangs around.
APRIL 4
Easter Sunday, we went to the late service at church, which I don't think we'll do again. Apparently everyone comes to the earlier services, because we recognized almost no one in church, which is very odd!
Maddie, in her beautiful new dress, said, "I'm the prettiest one in the family!!"
APRIL 5
Mike went to Opening Day, even though he wasn't feeling great. It was super nice outside so the kids and I were outside for quite a while. I can't believe the color in these photos. I am really really loving the new camera.
Sadie tried sweet potatoes...first veggie! She swallowed it, but didn't really seem to like them.
APRIL 6
Kaycey had her first sleepover at a friend's house.
APRIL 8
Kaycey had a blast at her friend's house. The kids and I went to my Great Grandma's/Aunt's house for dinner, the world famous grilled cheeses, haha! The kids love 'em!! We watched baseball, of course.
Aunt Lorie & kids
Kaycey's new room is pretty well finished. Mike built the loft bed. And I am really happy with the paint colors!! She wanted it to look like sky and grass, so we made "hills" of the green paint.
APRIL 9
My scrapbook night at church was a bust, as only a couple other women showed up. I guess I'll try again next month. But perhaps I'll just stick with scrapbooking with my store girls. I know they are a sure thing :)
Cal went to the Brewer game with Mike and witnessed a horrible performance by Trevor Hoffmann, and it was Cal's first experience at seeing Hoffmann pitch in person.
APRIL 10
Kaycey's first soccer game for Spring season...7-0. They lost.
Kaycey went to a friend's house for the afternoon. Mike and I went to a sock hop that night. We've gone to it before, but this year was awful. There weren't very many people, and on top of that, they didn't even play music you'd think to hear at a sock hop. We stopped at Paulie's after, and it was packed so we went to a little hole-in-the-wall place a block down and had some good laughs. The place was a total dive, but fun nonetheless.
APRIL 11
Kaycey had her birthday party with Mike's side of the family. We had a joint party for her and our niece. Their birthdays are 7 weeks apart (both 8 this year). With Mike's sister's wedding and other events surrounding it in April and May, there were very few open weekends for a birthday party for both girls, so we decided on a joint one this time around.
Kaycey&Julia
Kaycey got legos, a couple shirts (a Brewers one and a "soccer is my life" one), a gift card, a furreal cat, and this adorable bedding for her new room--perfect for her animal(and sports, of course) theme & love of cats and dogs!!
Maddie, Isabella, & Grace, all born within 18 months of each other
APRIL 12
Sadie grabs everything!!! Even reaches for our food and drinks. Cries when she sees her bottle and tries to reach it. And she is very close to holding it by herself. And, she LOVES green beans!!
APRIL 13
The Target by us must think I'm insane. Not only are we there 3-4 times a week to begin with, on this day I had forgotten my credit card at home, so after all that shopping, had to leave the bags and go home to get my card, and come back to pay for it. Thank goodness Sadie and Maddie were so good!!
APRIL 14
Kaycey had her 6 month oncology appointment. She has now graduated to the "Next Steps" program for cancer survivors. We were there for almost 4 hours as we had to meet with various practitioners--a school teacher, a psychologist, a dietician, a nurse practitioner, doctor. Everything went pretty well. I have a list of unanswered questions for the nurse that I am waiting to hear back about. And also next appt. is in 6 months...see her picture on the board? Right in the middle w/the white hat on?? This board is just photos of surviving kids who have received bone marrow/stem cell transplants. There is also a board being made of kids who are part of the "next steps" clinic.
It was also mismatched day for the preschoolers. Maddie went all out, even wore two different shoes!!


1 comment:
Busy, busy! It's fun to see what your kids are into at all their different ages. Holy hair, Sadie! Jane only has fuzz. :) Wish I could be there to scrapbook with you. Love seeing your updates!
Post a Comment