Wednesday, July 14, 2010

projects part 2

I'm pretty sure the concrete being poured for our driveway this week should be made of diamonds and pearls for what it is costing...yikes. But it will be so nice!! We were only going to do half of the drive, but it's amounting to almost 2/3 I'd say. We aren't sure if we'll finish it in concrete or asphalt next year. The kids will be able to play basketball, use chalk, ride scooters & bikes...things they haven't done in forever. And little rocks and pebbles won't be all over the house from the formerly gravel driveway! I can't believe how huge the driveway looks! It's crazy. Looks like a basketball court. 1/3 done yesterday, 2/3 of the way to go...
Also Mike has been working on the porch (the past couple months really). It is all white now! Just need to finish the stairs/railings and some trim, and we need to put the white criss-cross trellis stuff below the porch. He even built some little planters at the top of the stairs!
The to do list goes on and on for outside stuff...but it's looking like that might be it for summer completed projects : (

We have a relatively new marble reward system in the house...it has been working great. We are still working out some kinks, like what each one will be worth, what they can trade them in for, or what they can save them up for. The kids and I cleaned all day Monday--and everyone was eager to help! We made a chart of jobs and rooms to be cleaned. Too bad we haven't even tackled 1/3 of them. And too bad poor Maddie puked all over the freshly cleaned dining room floor late last night! Thankfully she is feeling much better today.

In other news, I got an email from our principal at school...registration packets are being mailed out soon!! I love seeing the school supplies in stores. Love it. How I love school supplies. Not becauce I am eager to start another school year, I really do love school supplies!! Ask my sister & cousins about how I made them play school ALL the time, and only I could be the teacher : )

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Well, a new driveway and a finished porch is nothing to sneeze at! That's awesome. And cool about the reward system...you'll have to let us know if it continues to be exciting!

Beth said...

Beautiful. I need to get over and visit you, cuz I really need to see this house in person!!