Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This past week...

Sadie is at the terrible "I can sit up perfectly, but that's not so cool anymore, so when you sit me on the floor, I will probably lean over and try to crawl but won't go anywhere yet" stage. Which then results in an angry baby on her belly. It won't be long till she's a crawling machine. She manages to get around just by wiggling, or when on her belly she'll use her arms and "crawl" in a circle. She gets on all 4's, but hasn't quite mastered the real moving yet. Legos are upstairs in preparation for this!! Next to be moved: polly pockets and littlest pet shop.

The weekend of the 4th was crazy, but being that it is probably my favorite holiday (seriously!) that's okay. We went to see the waterski show in Muskego (remember our friend who is on the team?). Then stayed for those fireworks with Mike's parents. We ran into SO many people from church, it was fun. Love this small town atmosphere where everywhere we go we run into people we know. On Sunday after church, we last minute decided to do a parade (I do love parades!) but unfortunately we were at the very end of the parade, so it was so long and drawn out at that point that it wasn't even fun. And no one was throwing candy, either. We left after an hour and a half; hot, candyless, and tired. We then went swimming at Oma's, followed by cookout and more fireworks. Note to self: Greendale fireworks were totally lame this year, must do Franklin or good ole Big Bend next year. Hope y'all had a great 4th!

Thanks for the feedback! I feel much better about it all. My kids, my rules. I think part of the problem also is that parents are so bent on doing what's hot right now, even if it's not age appropriate (like the 5 year olds going to see Justin Bieber/Sean Kingston....REALLY?!?!?!) That goes for fashion, too. (The 10 year olds dressed like 21 year olds. I know the 10 year olds aren't out buying their own clothes...so who is?) The 11 year old with the iphone (who does the 11 year old really need to text?!?!). Technology, fashion, etc...it all goes together. And it's all on the parents. Kids grow up fast enough, why push it along any faster?

Now I must delete pictures--I have no room on my computer to finish uploading any more from this past weekend! Time for a computer with more memory!

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Such a cute family pic! Maddie is getting too big.