Sunday, October 24, 2010

Men!

While this would make the perfect facebook post, I will refrain since I might anger said man. I am *so* happy to have found out this morning, my dear husband has been using our coffee table as an ironing board. All the while, I thought perhaps the kids had been scratching or drawing on it, though it's not quite a scratched look, it's rather discolored, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Low and behold, it is the burn/steam from an iron. He acted surprised when I pointed it out. I am wishing we would've considered new furniture, instead of the boat he HAD to have!!! Grrrrrrr.
So yes, he bought a boat (it's used, but it's a boat, which is what he wanted). He was insistent on it, and I guess what can I say. He pays the bills, so go buy a boat as a reward, right (or not)?? How about a coffee table??? I am anxioulsy looking forward to my next scrapbooking weekend getaway.

And as a P.S. since I haven't been blogging regularly, Kaycey is doing well. She had an EKG, echocardiogram, and stress test, and everything looked awesome. The docs can't quite put their finger on what was going on those couple incidences that she had. They are going with perhaps it was a lingering cough/cold, or perhaps she was just trying too hard. Nonetheless, we are elated that all is well. Though I feel awful for making her sit out for nothing in the end!! But better safe than sorry. On to basketball season for Cal & Kaycey!!

5 comments:

Gail said...

Ironing on the coffee table! Sorry but that is hilarious! You will have many coffee tables in your future but...this is priceless!

AnnaMarie said...

I'm so glad that Kaycey's good to go! And well, kudos to Mike for ironing at all. :)

Rhonda said...

Oh my! That made me laugh out loud!! You need to keep the coffe table FOREVER family herloom type of thing.
Let me point out ... at least he irons right?

Kaycey -- I am so relieved!

jessicaj said...

I agree with Rhonda...you can say to the kids 10 years from now. " Your Dad,....."

Katherine said...

I thought it was a boat or Disney? Do the kids have to sacrifice some rides now. Or maybe no food while you are there? I can't wait for that scrapbook weekend. Sounds like we will have some things to have some laughs about!