Tuesday, December 7, 2010

addicted

oh, so addicted. Like I can't stop. I can't get enough these days:
kits kats (cause they're yummy)
etsy
ali edwards
diy blogs

I am proud to say that I am keeping up on my December daily, so far, this year. If I do one again in the future, I think I will leave the numbers out of it, and add them later. That way I can skip days if I want. It's coming along nicely, though I'm having a heck of time trying to create a text box as a circle in word (so that the words make the circle). I used to know how to do this. I'm stumped. Oh well. I'll make it work somehow.

Let me just say, I have this awesome feeling about this. I'd love to keep up on this type of scrapbooking (I suppose, much like the 365 idea, or Project Life) but I can't see myself sticking to it for a year straight. I sure do like the concept, though.

As for do it yourself blogs, I think I want to be a carpenter, or at least be handy with a couple of tools. Check this out. I must make these!!


3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

These are all adorable. I also want to learn how to do woodworking, enough to make picture frames, shelves, stuff like that. :)

I saw your post on Jessica's blog. My MIL makes the BEST chocolate-dipped pretzel rods. You melt those Kraft caramels and dip it in there first, then melt those Wilton colored dipping chips (Michael's or JoAnn's candy-making section). Then to make the color on the outside, you drizzle a spoonful or red and green across the top of the whole row of them. I'm sure you can find sites that explain this, but IMO the caramel makes them oh, so much better! The key to all of this is heating at 30-second intervals, with constant stirring, so it doesn't scald the chocolate.

Katherine said...

Good job on keeping up. You are my idol!

Elizabeth said...

Oooo...thanks Annamarie! I'll give it a whirl! We have a bake sale at school this weekend & I thought they'd be something fun to have there.