Saturday, April 9, 2011

waiting....

for the bad weather to strike. I have batteries, flashlights, candles, and lighters all ready to go. I have my external hard drives right by my weather radio and laptop. Last year's tornado had us without power for days. The Weather Channel's TOR-CON (tornado condition) index has South and Central WI at an 8 for tomorrow. I've never seen it above a 5 around here (even when we had the big tornado that touched down last year).

Guess which state lead the nation in tornadoes in 2010. Texas? Oklahoma? Nope...Minnesota had a record year for tornadoes in 2010.

The excitement for me builds for big storms, (I certainly hope they pass without damage). I was a young aspiring meteorologist, and I still absolutely love the weather. I saw "Tornado Alley" last weekend at the IMAX. I am so pumped for the next season of Storm Chasers to start!!!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I love this about you. And Minnesota, huh? No wonder I've been feeling anxious about having our emergency supplies in order.

Katherine said...

As we were watching TV last night and the weather reports were rolling in Connor made the comment how much the weather guys get excited when there is weather. You can just hear it in their voice. You would have made a really cute weather girl:)