Monday, January 30, 2012

I caved

So I bought Project Life.  I purchased the Cobalt edition, but spent literally weeks debating between the two new sets.  It came the first week of January.  A lot of people aren't sure they "get it".  I confess I was one of those people for a while.  I had no desire to do the 365--ONE picture everyday thing, and I feel like that's how it was used at first.  It's evolved into something totally different, and I'm hoping this works for me.  I intend this to be a place where I can put the little things I've been throwing in a shoe box to save.  A place for cute drawings and notes the kids leave on the counter or for each other.  A place for concert or movie tickets.  While I have been making little notes in a journal on most days, I don't have pictures for everyday.  Some days I have several pictures.  The biggest reason for my jump into this is that I am so worried about losing my memory.  Sounds silly, I know, at 33 to be so worried about that.  But I've had some "episodes" of not being able to remember things, so I'm trying very hard to make the most of this "easy" scrapbooking so I will never forget.  I fully intend to continue books for the kids.  I will still make layouts.  I'm not sure I have it all figured out yet exactly.  I'd like to make a slimmed down digital version, too, on shutterfly.  I have to decide what and how to use all these options out there.  But have no fear, I'm not giving up any of my paper and stickers, even if the kids think I have an entire store's worth  ; )



So back to Project Life...there are different pieces available for purchase--cards, a 12x12 binder, and matching cardstock.  The box of cards includes tons of 3x4 cards and 4x6 cards for journaling or just looking cute.  The idea is you fill the page protectors (the fun DIVIDED page protectors) with pictures and these cards and VOILA, you are scrapbooking life right now.  The idea is there is no such thing as being "behind".   Here's hoping!  I have almost the entire month of January photos printed.  I have never ever done that before in my life in the age of digital cameras.  I have decided to reprint some of them as wallet sized, but still, having them printed is a huge accomplishment in itself!!  I have big dreams of keeping up with 2012 while going backwards to do the other years.  Ha!  Here is a look at Project Life in use (this isn't mine--I found TONS of inspiration for PL on pinterest!!!  And lots of cute free digital downloads, too!!)  I'll post my  month of January this week.



3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's awesome! I loved PL from the minute I saw it, and had it on my wish list forever. But, I have a system of blogging, blog books, and memorabilia scrapbooks with calendars that works for me, and I'm sticking to it. I hope PL is what you've been looking for and can't wait to see what you create with it! Exciting!

jessicaj said...

Good post! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Katherine said...

Just spent the day today working on weeks 2 and 3. I'll post my month when you post yours. If we both ever get it done. If it's any indication how productive we are by what we got finished last Friday, it's not looking too promising, but it is lots of fun.