Wednesday, May 16, 2012

it's been ruff around here...

meet Tucker.  He is a nearly 16 week old Golden Retriever puppy.














We went to a breeder the night of April 27th and the kids thought we were going to look for new furniture (HA!  Like that would ever actually happen. New furniture?!  Who are we kidding?!)  We pulled off the road and into a parking lot and had them open a box that had a note..."We aren't really going to look at furniture, we are going to meet..."  and then they lifted the note and there was a picture of a Golden Retriever puppy.  Surprise!!!

Fast forward to May 3rd:  Mike picked the pup up after work and brought him home, surprising the kids as they didn't know when to expect him.














We had quite the list of names for little Tucker, and it was hard to choose one.  Others we liked included Zeke, Miles, and Cooper...and the list goes on.  But ultimately we choose Tucker because you should see the way he "tuckers" out.  And his Momma's name is Ever, which I immediately thought of "Tuck Everlasting".  He's earned a few choice words from me, that I won't publish on here.  I knew he'd be a little handful, but in the morning he is nothing short of a monster.  All of the white woodwork is pretty much damaged in the kitchen (that is the only room he is allowed to roam).  While I knew puppies chew things, I didn't think it would take his little teeth 5 seconds to destroy.  Daily he attempts to eat the cabinets and the bench, as well as the doorframe.   He DOES sleep all night, which sounds rare, and he has pretty much from the start, so he has one really good thing going for him.  I am looking forward to it getting easier.  A baby would've been much easier.  I could at least step away to brush my teeth.  Now I have to put him in his kennel every single time I leave the room.  Sigh.  I'm not looking for sympathy : )  Just for someone who wants a puppy (J/K).


He's awfully cute.  When he's behaving.  Or sleeping, haha.

1 comment:

Mary said...

He's so sweet. Hopefully the chewing is just a phase!