Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Advent calendar ideas

We aren't going to discuss how long it's been since I've blogged...or read any blogs.  Too busy with a fuor-legged creature and driving a car-full of peeps to various activities.  I really should be sleeping.  Or working on my annual shutterfly books (I warned Mike he won't see or hear much from me until the shutterfly books are done.  That's seriously how many hours I spend on them!!  But I love it.)  But, instead of doing either of those things, I wanted to make a quick post and see if I can get feedback before December 1st on Advent calendars.  Of course I've been on pinterest to check ideas out, but I'm looking to make one with fun ideas of things to do each day (not ones where you get a little gift everyday).  Do you have any ideas or suggestions or links to fun Advent calendar ideas?  Here are some I found or came up with:
  • Write a wish list
  • build a snowman
  • Cut out snowflakes
  • Make a gingerbread house
  • Camp out around the Christmas tree
  • Call Grandma and Grandpa and sing a Christmas song to them
  • Spend time dancing to Christmas music
  • Drop off gifts to the neighbors
  • Have a hot chocolate tea party
  • Make paper chains to decorate kids’ bedrooms
  • Visit friends and family around town and take pictures of all of them wearing a Rudolph nose or Santa Hat. Develop the pictures and you them to decorate (hang then on the fridge or put them in frames that hold multiple pictures
  • Watch a Christmas movie like The Santa Clause or How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Work on Christmas cards – mom and dad can write theirs while the kids create their own
  • Drive around to look at Christmas lights
  • Buy a new ornament – let each child choose their own and record why they chose it in an album, then when they leave home let they take their collection and album

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

http://bellablvd.typepad.com/bella_blvd/2012/11/silhouette-advent-calendar-bella-blvd-style.html

This is a cute advent calendar, but also a great list of activities!