Unfortunately, I am having problems with this site. I've been attempting to upload recent pictures for days and it's just not working. So I'm pretty frustrated! I may have to find a new site.
Anyhow, on the home front...we had over FIFTY loads of stone brought in to fill the garage and driveway. That's ALOT of stone!! So we can now actually stand in the garage!! After doing this, the excavator also moved most of the dirt back against the foundation and the garage. The yard now looks relatively close to what it will look like when the house is done. There were an awful lot of dirt piles before...the yard was looking small, which I know sounds ridiculous for an acre+ lot. But now with the dirt moved back, it makes more sense! This past weekend the walls of the basement were finished. So if I can get the pictures to upload, you will see the exposed part of the basement where we will have 4 windows. It's hard for me to imagine that a first and second floor will be above these windows yet!! And very hard to imagine that the end of the wrap around porch will end ABOVE the basement windows on the side of the house!! So lots of steps will be built going down to the yard from the porch. The basement windows will look to the back yard. The house is also now ready for the floor trusses, which were delivered today. So provided the weather cooperates, that will be the work for the weekend! Also I think the stair well from the garage to the basement will be done, too. We also found out that our walls will be built afterall! This is what we had planned on, but last week we got word we may have to stick build the first floor ourselves. Not sure when the walls will be ready, but I think once the floor trusses are set, the house is ready for the first story walls when the walls are ready for us! Hopefully the weather will cooperate...it is supposed to storm Thursday, and Mike had planned on taking off of work Thursday and Friday to work on the house, as well as the weekend. I am really hoping the computer allows me to upload the pictures!!
No comments:
Post a Comment