Monday, October 29, 2007
October 29, 2007
Well, the weekend was fabulous. Lots of work done, and five gorgeous days to work on the house was a blessing. I'm really bummed though ....my camera was dropped yesterday and it doesn't work anymore. The pictures are on there, not uploaded yet to the computer. Mike is working on a way to figure out how to fix the camera, or we might have to replace it. Things are still moving at a remarkable speed. So much was accomplished this week, it's amazing. So over five days, the house grew...the second floor was set, as well as the exterior and interior walls upstairs. I went "upstairs" the other day and nearly passed out. There are no steps in the house yet, only ladders. I did not know how I was going to get down. I was freaking out! I did finally make it down, though I don't know how. The spot where the balcony will go is completely open to the great room below, as is where the stairwell will be. The stairs and rails will come later.... The kids wanted to go up and see where their rooms will be, and Mike carried them up one at a time. I couldn't even watch them up there...I didn't realize I was so afraid of heights!! Also over the weekend, the roof trusses were placed and set. And yesterday, they started sheeting the roof. Yep, the roof! It looks so different in just a week, and it's unbelievable how it's changed in a couple weeks. It sounds like they hope to shingle the roof in a couple weeks or so. After that comes windows!!!! I can't wait to post pictures from the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment