Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nothing too new...

Nothing much new to report, no new pictures. With all the snow, I haven't made the trek to the house (it would mean parking on the street and walking through the snow--we haven't plowed or shoveled of course, and my minivan would never make it into or out of the driveway with the snow!!) Even if I had been in the house in the past week, there's nothing too noticably different. Mike and his Dad did start building the basement stairs Monday night. The lumber was supposed to be delivered last week for that, but just came Monday I believe. The big thing we are waiting on now is for the excavator to come and back fill where Mike poured the footings for the porch. Another thing that was supposed to have been done last week. Oh well. I think Mike will be really irritated if it wasn't done today, seeing as he is off work tomorrow, and intended on working on the porch for the rest of the weekend! The porch hasn't been started yet other than the footings...hopefully by the end of the weekend, it might start to look like a porch : )

This week, the heating/AC and electric guys were supposed to have come in. We had a pretty big storm Tuesday, so I am guessing they haven't been out there. Mike and I are supposed to meet with the electrician next week to talk about where everything will go--talk about tedious! Every outlet, every light switch, every outside light...it will take some good thinking to make sure switches are in good places! We will just be sure to have plenty of outlets in every room to make it easy.

Garage doors were ordered last week, also. They will be installed next week. They are very much like the ones in the new picture I posted (sorry, I can't figure out how to make it bigger!)

I am pretty sure I have changed my mind on the front door. While I absolutely love the doors with oval shaped glass or stained glass, I am just not sure it'll fit the house. If it was more Victorian, I don't think it would be a question. The one door I found is much simpler, to go with the rest of the house. I don't know if I can upload a picture, but I will try... I actually saw the door in a house magazine I have, and it's also on a door of a new house down the street from the new house. I just am so stuck on what color of a door to have. I love the dark stained doors but white might be better on our house?? Mike says I should be good at this kind of stuff...he says it should be like scrapbooking on a bigger level! If only I could look at it that way!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

i am in love with the garage doors. I like the old country wooden doors, the only thing i would worry about it is white ~ and how dirty it would get. Just a little tidbit of an opinion. I am getting so excited for all of you. Can't wait til it is all done. I also have to say ~ I love that I am the only one who seems to leave you comments on here...ha ha :)

Keep up the fabulous work!