Saturday, December 22, 2007

Yippee!

So I went out to the house the other day before the kids got out of school, and I was by myself. So I could really take time to walk around and look at everything. I just smiled from ear to ear the entire time. It is SO awesome. I took so many pictures, so I have to post those SOON. I was able to walk down the STAIRS into the basement--yes there are stairs!! I walked upstairs (which still freaks me out), and into the bonus room--there's not a gaping hole below to step over now when you walk into the bonus room! Mike and JP (brother in law) started siding the back of the house. I took a picture of that yesterday. Garage doors were supposed to be put in this past week, but weren't...I'll say it's because of weather, but I don't know. It's been incredibly mild, 40 degrees, so the lot is incredibly messy. Mike was up to his knees in mud. Supposed to get frigid cold tonight, though. Other things going on, still haven't finalized the front door. Well, I found the one I like, but it's a matter of us finding someone that carries it. I am supposed to have the cabinets and layout done in the kitchen, but I torn on what to do with the oven. Freestanding double oven, or built in double oven...we have to know because it changes the location of the vent for the stove or something. I just can't decide. Now I am thinking I should have a small sink on the island, too, but I think it's too late for that. I also decided to shrink the closet in the mudroom to make the cubbies bigger.

I am so excited about decorating this place, it's crazy!! I want to get a weathervane, I have a vision of what I want the kids' bathroom to look like, too. I decided I am going to frame a black and white picture of each of the kids when they were about the same age (18 months old or so) in the bath. I think I have colors of each room picked out, too. I found pillows I love for the window seat in the kitchen. After Christmas I want to go buy a bunch of lighted garland on clearance for the porch for next Christmas, and for the mantle and the staircase. Now if only we could sell our current house!!

No comments: