Monday, December 3, 2007

All windows are in!

It was incredibly messy Saturday--we were hit with winter weather around lunchtime: snow, sleet, rain, ice. Mike, his Dad, Brother, and Brother-in-law worked quickly to get the remaining windows in. They did it, but not without getting soaked in the process! But, it's done. All windows are officially in the house, and they look beautiful!! I am so happy with the great room window. From the outside the windows look smaller than they are, especially the great room window. But I took a picture of Maddie by the window, and it's no small window!! (I have to upload those pics yet to the computer!) The siding was delivered, but the weather made it impossible to begin. and yesterday, Sunday, it poured for a good hour. Just a messy weekend. There was plenty of inside work for the guys to stay busy with, though.

So today garage doors have to be picked out and ordered. I'm pretty sure on what I want--I want the doors that look like they open like barn doors (there's a groove down the middle to make it look that way). I believe the name for them is carriage house doors. Also have to finalize the front door. That's a tough one, I have a couple in mind. I also want a screen door--you know, the kind like I think I've seen in "The Wizard of Oz"--an old looking, wooden one that makes lots of noise : ) Once the garage doors and the front door is put on, the house can be locked up. I guess we've had some nosy neighbors, so it'll be nice to close it up. That way too, hopefully the guys will be able to leave some stuff out there. As of now, Mike hauls tools, etc every time he goes out there, and empties the truck when he gets back home.

No comments: