Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Accepted offer!


So we got an offer on the house, Monday night, and we accepted it last night. Hopefully it all goes through okay, and we will have a sold house! Closing date is set for April 7, which guarantees we will not be ready to move into the new house which is a bummer. But, oh well. We'll have to stay with someone for a while, and store all of our big stuff.
We have furnaces in the house as of yesterday. There are two of them, and they will heat 4 separate zones in the house.

Also I gave the cabinet guy the go ahead with this layout for the kitchen (except that ovens and fridge are switched). I think the finished product will look beautiful, I just hope it's as functional and practical as it is beautiful. After thinking and rethinking, and then going through our entire current kitchen and deciding where everything in the new kitchen would go, this one seemed to work out the best. Except I couldn't find a good location for easy access to spices, olive oil, etc. But I am thinking a drawer next to the cooktop might be okay, or even underneath the cooktop (which will be a cabinet with shelves or drawers). I don't want them in the glass front upper cupboards which will be on both sides of the cooktop as the upper cabinets. I am so worried about regretting doing or not doing something just right. I've wanted double ovens from the start, but then I started reconsidering that. Mike said he'd be disappointed if after all this time and talk, that I didn't get the double ovens (he may have been being sarcastic!). The kitchen is the most important room in the house, it's where you spend the most time, really. I just want it to be as close to perfect as possible. I hope this is it. I am a little worried about the counterspace, but really with the big island, it shouldn't be an issue, at least that's what I am hoping.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

congratulations on the offer! What a wonderful feeling to have a sold house. Everything is looking good, keep up the fabulous work!