
So, here's the front door. Color still undetermined. This is the door I had Mike's Dad bid out last week. So it looks like this is the one. I don't know whether or not it's officially been ordered. Also along with the door, we are having sidelights. I can't find a picture with the sidelights, but the sidelites will have glass that goes half way (just like the door). The glass will match the glass in the door.
I was gone all weekend, so Mike didn't work on the house. But with 40 below zero wind chills on Sunday, he wouldn't have anyhow. Ugh. I wish the weather would cooperate just long enough to finish the outside, because then it won't matter what the weather when they are working inside.
I am pretty sure I have decided on a kitchen layout, well I think so anyways. No perfect spot for the microwave, but I am hoping to fit it somehow next to the fridge.
This layout

seems to make the most sense. Except, I'd plan on putting the double ovens where the top leftmost area cabinets are as you are looking at the layout and have the cooktop and cabinets surrounding that shift down toward the pantry. I've given the kitchen so much thought, probably too much. But in this design, there is plenty of room by the dishwasher for easy unloading and cabinet space for plates, bowls, cups, etc. The fridge is in a central location, so if someone is cooking, they won't be in the way of someone grabbing a soda from the fridge. The fridge is also close to the pantry which makes for easier grocery unpacking. I am hoping to somehow fit a microwave in the corner by the fridge, either under the cabinet or in an open faced cabinet. I just don't know how much room I'll have. There is a little room to play with, I could shift the doorway a tad, maybe even shrink the pantry the littlest bit to make just enough room for the microwave, which if I can get it in that corner by the fridge, I think it's a great spot--so often leftovers are being warmed up from the fridge, so it would be nearby. The island has a small garbage and a sink basically just for filling pots and straining pasta, as well as rinsing veggies. Am I missing anything?? Does it seem like this could work? Anything that seems like it would be a problem? I think it works. I don't see any flaws, or areas that would be cramped if a few people are in the kitchen at the same time. As of now, I think this is the layout to go with.
No comments:
Post a Comment