Thursday, July 10, 2008

More pics....

The more I look at the kitchen the more I love it. I am so glad I went with an island, and I am so glad we did the layout the way we did. If only I planned fewer drawers...oh, well, we'll find a way around that. The pics are deceiving, because it looks like there isn't much room between island and cabinets. In reality, there is 4ft of walkway on either side of the island--plenty of room..

This side of the island with all the drawers faces the cooktop. On the end closest in the pic will be a small sink.


Other side of the island where there will be an overhang and there will be stools or chairs. The empty space on the right is going to have shelves and be a bookshelf.

The cooktop area...the cooktop goes right in the middle on the counter. One each of the upper side cabinets will be glass in the door of the cabinet. The cooktop area itself is bumped out a little bit and has "legs" (that actually match the island's legs). Uh, those are my pots and pans cabinets on the lower left and lower right (out of sight in the picture)...I really was not thinking!! But I love the way it looks anyways.

The built in "L" shaped bench. The back doesn't make sense to us, so we are going to do without it for now. I'll put pillows against the back eventually...now I have to buy a table & chairs!!


I love the laundry room, too. I wish my whole house could be white beadboard!!!! It looks so clean.
One half of the laundry room--


Other side of laundry room.
washer and dryer go in the open space on the floor---


I have pics from the 4th (my favorite holiday!!!), too, but I'll have to post them another time...for some reason it takes for ever to post a picture on here!!!

No comments: