It was like Christmas for the kids...so many of their toys were packed in SAM. Their rooms look like toy stores at the moment! We'll have to clean it up though, their beds are coming tonight!! I put all the toys in their rooms, because the 3rd bedroom carpeting wasn't completed (will be today though). So tonight we'll actually be able to do more arranging of the rooms with dressers and beds there. I have spent hours at the house this week getting kitchen boxes unpacked, and there isn't a whole lot left to unpack for the kitchen. As of right now, I have so many empty cabinets and drawers!! I haven't put anything in the island drawers, and there is nothing in the cabinets above the fridge, ovens, or microwave. I don't think I'll ever fill all the cabinets!
The only *bad* news to report is that the "wonderful" painter we hired to paint the woodwork is now attempting to sue us for not paying him the rest of what we owe him. He won't get far with it; I took about 50 pictures of his awful work, so there's plenty of proof, and actually if you walk around the house you can still see the evidence everywhere. Here are some "highlights" of the job he did. As you can see, he did not cover the walls or windows the way he was supposed to.
The faucet in our shower covered in paint splatter
cabinet in our bathroom sprayed with paint
One of the windows with splashes of paint (any room with a window that he painted, has paint on the windows)
By the way, while the mantle has been stained, most agree it should've been white. Add that to the list of things to do : ) I knew it should've been white all along!! Mike is working on the closets so we have a place to hang our clothes!
Today the runner will be put on the stairs, and last bedroom and closet is getting carpeted (somehow they miscalculated the carpeting and had to get more)
We have the Make a Wish walk on Saturday. It's our 4th year as a team (we've been participating as a team ever since the year Kaycey was diagnosed with cancer). If you'd like to join our team please email me!!! We'd love to see you there!!!
Or go to our team site to sign up or donate!! Thank you!! https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=278005&lis=1&kntae278005=A516B60E2A3D4AB8A88ED666605C3686&supId=0&team=2837278&cj=Y
1 comment:
That painter is out of his freakin' mind if he thinks a small claims judge is going to take his side!
Post a Comment