Monday, February 22, 2010

week Feb. 15-20

Feb 15
The kids are off of school. We spend the day just hanging out at home. Late afternoon, we went to Emma & Papa's, and nearly got killed on the way there by a swerving woman talking on her cell phone. Mike met us @Emma & Papa's after work, and we had dinner there.

Feb 16
Maddie has a new phrase..."What's the point?" But she uses it sometimes when it doesn't even make sense. It's pretty funny, really. In the afternoon, we have Kindergarten Round-up at school, where all the incoming kindergarteners for 2010-2011 come for the afternoon to hang out in the Kindergarten room. There were 14 kids there, which is an awesome turn out! It's only half day kindergarten, so several kids tend to leave the school after preschool to go to a school with full day kindergarten. It was great to see so many of the kids will be sticking around (and some new faces, too!)

While we were watching American Idol, Sadie grabbed her giraffe all by herself and put it in her mouth. She loves sucking on her hands now, too!
Feb 17
Today my doctor calls and tells me that surgery is the only option if I want to explore my hip pain further. I'm not ready to go down that route, so I'll wait it out and hope it gets better somehow.

Emma and Papa came over after school and ate dinner with us. Then they went to church with us, too. Everyone gets a kick out of Sadie's adorable "shoes" (socks).
Sadie is loving her thumb...she hasn't taken a nuk for a while now!!
Feb 18
just because it's a cute picture, before the running around all day begins!
Well, I posted several days ago about my tooth situation...not good. Later in the afternoon, Maddie and Kaycey had doctor appointments for physicals and shots--Kaycey has to start over from scratch, which totally stinks. Maddie is now all caught up for Kindergarten. She did not take the shots so well...a very long day. We were at that doctor appointment for 2 hours. Ugh. Note to self--make appointments for physicals and shots one kid at a time. (Thankfully my grandparents surprised us and came out to our house to watch the other two kids while we went to the doctor!)

Mike went out after work, and the kids and I went to my Dad and Maria's for dinner. Today was filled with lots of driving back and forth, and I was exhausted. I couldn't wait to just go to bed.

Feb 19
I didn't sleep very well though, because I was too worried about my root canal!! Sadie didn't sleep well either. Back to the eat every 3 hours and fuss in between.

After school, the girls had a couple friends over for a couple hours. Once their friends left, Cal had a friend from his old school sleepover. And Kaycey packed up her bag...she was going on her first sleepover--that didn't involve staying at a relative's house! The girls' group at church/school was having a lock-in at the school. About 25 girls were sleeping over in the school gym. We didn't know what to do about Kaycey's wig (she doesn't sleep in it) but she insisted on going without it. Many of her friends know about her wig, but haven't seen her without it. She insisted on not wearing it. We decided to leave it up to her; we explained to her that lots of kids might want to talk to her about it, or ask questions about it. She was convinced that the kids at this school were very different, and she wasn't worried about them making fun of her at all. So she wore a cute little hat and away she went. So Mike took her to the sleepover and I had talked to the moms that were sleeping over with the girls. They gathered the girls together and Mike gave a quick schpeel on Kaycey's story. It went well, but I was still nervous as to how it would go.
Maddie didn't mind being home without Kaycey (I thought she'd be mad!) but Cal and his friend included her a bit, and even let her watch a movie with them. Apparently she stayed up and watched all of Star Wars (not my movie of choice, that's for sure) and the boys fell asleep.

Feb 20
When I picked her up the next morning, she was so excited to tell me how much fun she had! And the moms came up to me and told me what an absolute sweetheart she is. Which I agreed. I am so happy she feels confident enough that she doesn't need to wear the wig, and I just hope that it continues to go well (she really wants to stop wearing it to school, too, though I'm not quite sure how to approach that). She was really pooped though; it sounded like alot of the girls were up till 5am (I'm sure Kaycey was one of the girls trying to sleep most of the night) but she had a blast, and that's all that matters. She rested most of the day, and then took a super long nap later in the day. When she woke up she felt sick and ended up throwing up all over the island in the kitchen. We figured it was because of the lack of sleep the night before, or maybe the shots from a couple days earlier.

Then during the night, Maddie got sick. Once she made it to the bathroom. Once her bed took the brunt of the mess. So my conclusion is that the reason they got sick is from the shots. Nobody else got sick, so that's what I'm sticking with!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I really like your day-by-day entries. You'll be happy to have these to look back on! That's so exciting that Sadie starting grabbing her toys...it's so cute! She has more hair than Jane! I love her thumb-sucking picture, too. I'm glad that Kaycey's sleepover went so well. Looks like this school change was definitely the right choice for you guys!

Mary said...

Kaycey still gets my vote for "Most Fearless Kid I've Ever Met"