Wednesday, September 15, 2010

pages & prayers

While it isn't often I get a chance to scrapbook anymore, I did get about 5 hours in the other night by going away with my scrappin' buddy. I did 3 single pages. What's hilarious is that when I did the one, she said, "Didn't you scrap that picture before?" I told her no, that I have just had it along to do at every crop we go to. So... the next day I look through Maddie's book and low and behold, I HAD scrapped that picture before. Too funny!

While I do not scrap chronologically, nor do I scrap everything, I do try to stay on top of school stuff. I always do a first day & picture with the teacher page. I also (plan to, if I haven't already) to do big field trips and other big things at school. Obviously the older they get, the fewer pages there are to do. I actually filled an entire book with Cal's kindergarten stuff! That's just pages of stuff going on in the classroom. His teacher was awesome, and a scrapbooker herself. She gave all the parents an envelope at the end of the year with all sorts of pictures. So that's the only reason I had so much for Cal for one year! I am almost all up to date with Cal's school stuff, which is amazing!

A few pages...I still have to journal on them. Not the greatest photos of the pages, but here goes...the pictures in the pages are 1-2 years OLD, other than the one of Sadie!



And now the prayers:
going out to Trent's family...Mike's friend from work died of a heart attack this morning. He was 45 years old.

going out to Jacob's family. Jacob's mother is the one I spoke with a while back after he was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma. After 6 rounds of chemo, his scans are still showing cancer and the doctors are at a loss as to what to do next. They have the same BMT doctor Kaycey had, and he told Jacob's parents that in the 20 plus years he has been a working as a pediatric oncologist/BMT doctor he was embarrassed to say that there has been very little progress made in regards to Neuroblastoma. He went on to say that he HATES neuroblastoma and that it is a very wicked cancer.

It's times like this I realize just how very fortunate we are.