I am taking a bootcamp workout class once a week with my sister, and I just finished my fourth class. It is really tough (especially since I really have never taken a workout class!) but I feel pretty good (though my abs are really suffering today!!). I can tell I'm stronger than I was 4 weeks ago when it started. I'm not in it to lose weight, just to get in shape. I'm considering a family membership to the Y so the kids and I can take classes (Mike has a membership elsewhere near his work). Anyone else have a Y membership??
So yes, my new shoes are seeing lots of squats, lots of running, and lots of work with a resistance band. I am trying to eat healthier; I quit buying some of the tasty cereals I love, partially because I know they are loaded with sugar, but mostly because I noticed the last quarter or so of the box was pretty much sitting in the pantry getting stale. So now we have Life, Rice Krispies, Corn Chex, yogurt Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, and we do still have Fruit Loops and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I also spent $50 on just fruit the other day at the grocery store. But that doesn't mean I'm giving up everything that's "bad" : )

1 comment:
Good for you, girl! WE have a Y membership. The regular price for a family is $100/mo., which includes kids club, classes, and even a free kids class per kid per quarter. If you make a certain amount, you get discounts, and then you can also get discounts through your health insurance company. I love the Y's classes, and both K&J like kids club. Katie does swim there ($30 per 7 week session) and a free kids class (she's done music and sports). We pay $50, but that's basing it on the year of income in which Tyler started residency (so had no income for the first 6 months). I'm not sure what we're going to do when the membership fee increases later this summer! I have checked around at other gyms, and they end up being more expensive when you add in $12 per month per kid for kids club. But I'd bring your tax forms and insurance card to your Y and see what they tell you!
Post a Comment