Tuesday, September 13, 2011

home improvements

We've "only" been here three years...so it's about time we spruce up the place!!

I bought some mums on clearance and "spruced" up the porch. Next on the to do list: replacing the three years "temporary" railing going up the steps that Mike put up right before getting the permit so it would pass code so we could move in!


And we replaced our three year old "temporary" mailbox. What I love most is I saw this at Lowe's the other day and took a pic with my phone. I sent it to Mike, and figured he'd say, "I can build that." Instead while I was working on Sunday, he went and bought it and put it up : ) All in a day's work. I LOVE it.


Mike's been hard at work on the addition on the swingset. He put on a roof with gable, and a little awning over the bottom. He's decided he is going to put a porch off the side of the clubhouse, too.


I've been eyeing up Target's blue collection for months and months. I got some phenomenal deals, as it's all been clearanced for a few months now. Finally, our great room has some color & decor!! I even bought drapery and rod that Mike has to put up yet. All of this is from Target. Pillows were on clearance ($6, $8, and $10). The pictures were clearanced: $7.48 each. I bought a couple others that are larger, one was $49.99 marked down to $12. One was $49.99 marked down to $30.

Found this mirror, at Walmart. You guessed it--clearanced. $30. I. Love. It.

It feels great that this house is finally starting to feel and look like a home!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Love all the improvements! :)