This week has been busy. On Wednesday, when I went out to the house the windows were being delivered, there were 2 cement trucks there, & a large truck with a trailer holding a digger. The masons began pouring the basement floor this week, and also they poured the garage floor. Yesterday they poured the steps in the garage for the entrance into the house. The digger will pour footings for the porch. The porch itself will be started after several inspections during the process. The windows were delivered and by the end of Wednesday all were in but the garage (still couldn't walk on the concrete, so I'm guessing that's why). Also the window in the great room still needs to be framed and then the window can be put in. For some reason they didn't deliver the round top windows that will go in the great room and bonus room, but they should be delivering them today. Today the siding is supposed to be delivered also. Unfortunately weather is predicting a snowstorm to begin tomorrow afternoon and go on till night. I don't know if they intended on starting siding, I am guessing with a snow storm they wouldn't, but who knows? Well, who knows if the weather guys are right anyhow. It snowed last Wednesday night, and Thanksgiving Day Mike was up on the roof shingling! He said it was a little slippery! Went out this morning and the front door is boarded up (until we put the door in). Now that the windows are in they are working on closing up the rest of the house, too. Doors won't be put in quite yet, but we are supposed to order it ASAP (which means I have to decide now what I want! I have a general idea, just don't know what color to go with...)
I posted a couple recent pictures from this week. They are just from the exterior. If it's not too cold today, I may take some more interior pictures.
1 comment:
hey ~ how did everything go...with the snow storm this weekend?
Post a Comment