Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to the drawing board...AGAIN.


(The plan I came up with on Monday with the cabinet guy)

So, while I was happy with that kitchen on Monday, I sat up very late every night this week wondering if the kitchen "worked". Okay, so I was going to switch the ovens and fridge. Then I realized the ovens would NOT work in that corner, because they are in a corner so they'd only be used from one side, requiring me to use my left hand, which would not work out so well. So it was back to the drawing board. Here are a couple more I came up with. I am attempting to finish the kitchen design today, whatever it is I come up with...so the people who need to go in and change things around can do so, and soon!! So I have about four kitchen plans currently int the making. Here were a couple other options I was thinking of....the first option I came up with (#1 below) is built in double oven-less & requires moving the already built pantry. Doesn't have a great spot for the microwave.
1)
The second one (#2 below) Mike made a good point--am I going to enjoy grabbing some butter from the fridge and bringing back to the stovetop--especially if there's an island in the middle? So I thought then I could switch the ovens and fridge in #2, but then it makes the fridge pretty far from the sink, requiring a sink in the island anyways. Also, major problem with area next to dishwasher--no good spot for hiding cups/dishes in glass fronted cabinets like I want next to the cooktop (or stove, whatever we end up doing...) WHo would've thought a kitchen would be so difficult????


(2

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Ok so I am sorry ~ I have been busy and have not checked your blog in a while. So what did you end up deciding to do with the kitchen? Also I Love bulit-ins too! I want them so much in my house.