Monday, January 7, 2008

We have a porch roof--almost!

CURRENT CONDITIONS--60 DEGREES, TORNADO WARNINGS 30 MINUTES FROM THE NEW HOUSE! Yep, it's really January 7th believe it or not (Maddie's birthday!). We had thunderstorms and fog most of the day. Talk about unusual. Now there are tornado warnings out for pretty much all areas southwest of us. Weird.

As you can see by the top picture, we have a real porch!! I even walked on it the other day. Obviously it still needs the actual roof/shingling, which will come when they finish placing the trusses for it. It was so foggy yesterday and today, I couldn't seem to get a great picture of it. And also the yard is a swamp, I couldn't get too far before getting my feet stuck, so I decided to turn around and hope for a sunnier day to take a better picture!

On Sunday, Cal helped out all day with Mike and Grandpa (Mike's Dad). Cal loved it out there and had lots of fun. He brought his tools along and was very proud to be out there helping the guys. I almost drove out there just to take a picture, but I didn't. I am hoping there will be another opportunity to, though if it gets real cold again, which it will, Cal won't spend the day out there then! Not that he wouldn't want to, I don't know if I'd want him to! Once they are doing inside work it won't be a big deal, which hopefully is only a coupole months away or so that they'll be doing the finish work. Yea!!

If you page down, I posted one more picture of the porch view below the bonus room picture.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

WOW! I don't know how you can handle it because I am getting more and more excited every time I look at new pictures. I just can't wait to see the finished product and my room looks huge...CAN'T WAIT! I know the girls would love to have me there...ha ha ha! I am so in love with the porch - it is what I have always wanted. OMG I LOVE your neighbors house too...totally awesome looking from the picture. Tell Mike (and Cal) to keep up the great work!!!