

Mike tells me how lucky I am that the weather has been so blasted cold. If the house had been completely sided, I wouldn't have had time to make kitchen changes because the insulation would've been started already. So I met with the custom cabinet maker on Monday. It was a good day because I really felt good about what I walked away with (a new kitchen plan). It was a bad day because (1) I spent almost 4 hours in the car driving between dropping off and picking the kids up from school and driving almost an hour north to meet with the cabinet guy (which I think was worth the trip), (2) it was snowing--alot, so that made for difficult driving conditions, and (3) the kitchen plan involves changing pretty much the entire kitchen around, so I was nervous to witness the reactions of both Mike and his Dad. BUT I feel good about the way it looks, and I am trying hard to envision working in the kitchen, or doing the most basic of things (putting groceries away, putting dishes away, etc.) to see if the kitchen would work for
us. As I have found out in so many ways, it helps to ask around. So, at any rate, here is a photo of what the cabinet designer and I came up with. Things to keep in mind when looking at the layout--if we stick with it, we would add a small sink to the end of the island. We would also have to make the island smaller, and probably wouldn't be able to have chairs at it because it interferes with the walkways, but maybe would have stools, or 2 chairs on an end instead. Also we'd flip flop the ovens with the fridge so the fridge isn't trapped in the corner. I would LOVE any feedback!! I am going to try to make these pictures bigger, but not too big. I am having a hard time doing that for some reason so I will leave them the way they are for now.
3 comments:
Is there cupboard space for dishes on the side with the dishwasher? So it's easy to put away dishes?
I would definately switch fridge
with ovens.
There would be cabinets up & down next to the one side of the dishwasher, so then I thought often used dishes and cups could go there. At first I thought about having glass on the front of those cabinets, but Mike made a good point...does the world need to see our collection of sippy cups?? haha!
Post a Comment