Tuesday, November 18, 2008

field trip!!

Mike worked on his Grandparent's house all weekend. The kids sang in church Sunday. After church, my grandparents came over and hung out and watched the Packer game. Maddie played Barbies with "Papa". I love this picture.

My friends and I went on a field trip today to two different scrapbook stores. There were 7 of us (3 kids, 4 adults). I was impressed how well the 3 kiddos travelled, with nothing interesting in store for them!! But they were good. Us Mommies bought lots of great stuff, and came home in just enough time to get kids from school! I can't wait to do it again. A good day had by all. Maddie was such a little helper with the younger two. My intentions were to buy this photo carousel from Archiver's, but I just couldn't get myself to buy it...even with the 30% coupon it would've been nearly $30. maybe I'll get one yet.



I haven't posted much because I've been SO tired. This cold crummy weather does it to me I think. I could've gone to bed so early the past few nights, but darn cable TV...Sundays I'm addicted to Storm Chasers. Been watching lots of "House" reruns/marathons, too. I really like that show, but I should really start at the beginning. Monday night football on ESPN. And I'm happy the kids love PBS. They VERY rarely have other stuff on (once in a blue moon, Cal will watch some of the Nick shows, but even that's rare). I don't have the TV on typically till the kids go to bed. I love the silence all day (other than Maddie playing). Sometimes if I have stuff I want to get done, I'll throw a movie in for Maddie. Mike and I definitely like the interesting shows. Last night we watched one on conjoined twins. I like HGTV alot, too. His favorite is Dirty Jobs, which actually I don't mind either. We watch TV in our room because it is so blasted loud to have the TV on in the living room, it's like being in an auditorium (should've considered NO high ceiling in the living room!).

Saturday during the day I tried bridesmaid dresses on for a wedding I am standing up for in May. My favorite was so beautiful, but not what the bride had in mind. So I'm not sure what the final decision will be. We had lots of fun anyways. Then I had friends & family over Saturday night, too, for a Tupperware/Scrap night. It was fun, though the scrapping got started late, and none of us really got anything done. But I really don't care; I really just like having those girls around because it is inevitable that I will laugh till I cry.

My project tonight was to finally put my ribbon in this silly little case. I am not sure if I like it; and I realize I really don't have much specialty ribbon and too much of the inexpensive stuff that comes on rolls at Joanns or Michaels. I definitely should've bought some cute frilly and velvetty ribbons today. Oh well, there's always next time. Alot of the ribbons in the bag are such small (4" or so) pieces, I don't even know if I can use them. But they're cute, so I couldn't toss them.



My big project for the week--I want to start my own Christmas book similar to the one Ali Edwards posted on her blog, 25 days of Christmas.

I have so many Christmas supplies it's crazy, seeing as I've done very few Christmas pages. I have been collecting Christmas Scrap stuff forever, so what better time to use it. I haven't bought a whole lot for the project itself, I'm hoping to use alot of what I have. Okay, I did buy some new. I'm excited to do it, but I'm kind of stuck on how to start. I don't make books/mini books very often if ever. The idea is to have it done before December so literally you simply journal and add pictures through the month of Dec. to document the month/holidays.

My friend, Sarah is flying in from Oklahoma to stay for a few days. She has been in pilot training for quite sometime (she's an officer in the USAF), so it's a well deserved break. Hopefully we'll have some fun this weekend.

No comments: