Thursday, April 23, 2009

house news

Wow, haven't had anything to say about the house for a while, even though there is still so much work to be done.

The drywallers came today and finished up the unfinished stuff (an area in the entryway, a spot at the top of the stairs, upstairs ceiling area, and basement steps). So I guess we'll be painting those areas this weekend... Next week the electrician is coming back to put dimmers on switches(which is how it was supposed to be done in the first place), put some lights in back of the house outside (also was supposed to be done), and also to repair the numerous outlets and switches that do not work right now. Also it sounds like soon we will finally get a REAL painter in here to redo all of the white woodwork, trim, doors, etc. I'm glad I'm not that guy. We were hoping to do the driveway this year, too, but that's not looking too promising. Might have to wait till next year. Unless there's a money tree in the yard I don't know about...

New addition to the house: rocking chairs on the porch. I had bought 4 of them last summer, and Mike put them together last week.



Top priority for me: painting the porch white & putting on a deck out back. Those are not top proiorities for Mike. Ugh.

2 comments:

Beth said...

love the rockers!!

jessicaj said...

I totally dig the chairs. Can I come sit in them with you while we allow our children to roam around where ever they choose.

LOL