Thursday, April 2, 2009

enjoying the silence...

for now anyways. And maybe it's not quite silent, since the washing machine and dishwasher are going. BUT all children are with Mike at soccer practice. It feels like forever since I've been alone (well, I suppose the last time was my scrap weekend, which I know wasn't that long ago, but still...) Maddie was supposed to stay home with me tonight, but insisted on going with them to soccer. I'm certain going there is much more fun than anything we'd do here. Maybe she is getting a little tired of me being around all the time ; )

Well, I was worried Tuesday. I could hardly walk my tailbone hurt so terribly. But thankfully, for whatever reason it felt better yesterday and way better today.

So how does everyone divide up holiday time?? I am happy to report we are finally drawing the line and no longer doing multiple things in one day. There are way too many times we attempt to do 3 places in one day, and I just get pissed off and don't enjoy the day. I think once we even went to 4 places in one day. Since we've been together, Mike's family has had Thanksgiving Night, Christmas Day, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the Saturday before and after Christmas, the Saturday after Easter, and sometimes Easter itself. Not to mention the many birthday parties with all our own kids and nieces/nephews on his side. I finally said to Mike that I don't want to do the running around anymore, going to multiple places in a day or a week, and he agreed. We've decided we'll just take turns with families or rotate holidays. On the other hand, of course, I do see my family regularly, but the only set holiday my Mom's side gets is Christmas Eve. So, rarely do we see them on any holiday. We have done Thanksgiving lunch and Christmas morning with my Dad and Stepmom for awhile now, but I always feel bad because we always have to rush out to the next destination. So finally, we have decided to start to rotate holidays and perhaps even do our own thing once in a while. I can't stand being stressed out and in a rush, and why ruin a wonderful holiday by stressing & rushing?? So anyhow, for Easter we have decided to have my family over. It'll be quiet (our kids are the only kids). And we already have planned to stay put for Thanksgiving. A big sigh of relief on my part.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good for you guys. It's impossible to please everyone, so you might as well please yourselves!