Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday Overload!

So when I was little, my family had so many birthdays to celebrate from the end of July thru the beginning of September, I remember us having a big BirthdayFest instead of celebrating individual birthdays. There are at least 6 I count off the top of my head. And then add Mike's family into the mix, there are at least 3 more birthdays in his immediate family in that time span. Not to mention the few friends I have with August birthdays, too : ) It's a happening month, I guess!!

We had a surprise birthday for my Dad's 50th, and he was surprised! I really thought he knew, but on the contrary, he had no idea. He would freak to know I posted a picture of him on the internet, but this is my blog so I'll do what I want (this particular picture is about 20 years old, that's me in the background : ) I took his old pictures and put some into a book I made off of shutterfly. It turned out so cool, but darn it, I didn't take a picture of it. Perhaps I'll try to remember to do that next time I am there.





Then last week we celebrated my Mom's birthday. She didn't hit the milestone of 50, only 48.
We went to Olive Garden and then to my Grandma's for coffee cake and muffins.


Other family birthdays in that stretch: my Great Grandma (Cal, Kaycey, and I went the other day to visit after the Make a Wish walk), my Grandma (they came over for dinner last night, haven't uploaded pictures), my Aunt Lorie (Grandma's sister), my cousin, Mike's sister, Mike's Dad (they celebrated by working on building a new garage), & our niece. Happy birthday to all family & friends celebrating birthdays!!

More birthdays coming up: Cal and Mike in the next month. We were planning this Saturday on having Mike's side of the family over for a pool party (a little early) for Cal's birthday. Too bad it's supposed to be 65 and showers :(

No comments: