Back to early mornings, early bedtimes, and some sort of routine. I'm enjoying it, even if it's only been one day!! I don't sleep much at night (this pregnancy has plagued me with insomnia to the nth degree!!) But getting up early and being out the door by 7:30am feels good. Probably won't so much in winter : )
So everyone made it off to school, without tears (that means me). The older two really seemed to have a good day yesterday.
It brought back my grade school days when Cal came home and had to study memory work (a passage from the Bible or something from Luther's Catechism). His assignment was the first commandment & meaning. I remember in the upper grades of grade school having to memorize ALOT of memory work. At the time I found it to be somewhat of a pain, but now I realize, not only do I remember an awful lot of it, I truly think that is what helped shape the awesome memory I have (okay, not to "toot" my own horn, but in my 20's my memory couldn't be beat. I waitressed at a family owned pizza joint, and I was known around with our customers because I never wrote anything down!) Just don't ask me how to get to my sister's house on the first try...(haha! I had a major brainfart yesterday and I couldn't find it, DUH. I'll blame it on being pregnant). Enuf 'bout me...
Maddie was off to school today. The kids were up bright and early. When I got out of bed at 6:40am, they were all eating breakfast and dressed (they all picked out their own outfits & poured their own cereal!!) Wow, it will be weird starting all over with a newborn...
I maybe would have had tears this morning, if Maddie showed any sort of sadness about leaving me alone for half the day. But she ran into her classroom, made a beeline for the rice/sand table, and didn't say goodbye (I did go say goodbye to her, though). I have to say I'll take that any day as opposed to the complete opposite...a sobbing child clinging to me. I have to say ever since our kids began going to school, we have not had an incident where they were crying or not wanting to go on the first day. Wonder what #4 will be like....!!!
1 comment:
Such cute pics! I'm glad they all had a good first day! This year will be great. And I agree about memorizing/learning scriptures and religious things when you're young...it stays with you and really shapes your life.
Post a Comment