Outnumbered...Well, just for the night anyhow. The guys played catch and are now watching a movie and the little gals are overnight at my Grandma's (Cal got to stay there alone last week).
I have been a bad blogger. I really just don't have enough time in the day. Once school starts (the 25th already!!) I know I will be able to keep up, at least until November when the next little gal graces us with her presence!! The kids are okay with the new school and even seem excited for it. We went to registration last Thursday. I just feel like it is more of a family, which makes perfect sense, being affiliated with the church we go to. But it just feels so welcoming and so filled with love. I do still have a tiny bit of guilt for switching them again, and honestly up until a few weeks ago I still felt torn and terrible about it, though we knew we'd send them to the new school. Now I really feel 100% confident that this will be a great thing.
The past couple weeks have really just been every day summer kind of days. Adults only weekend getaway with friends (I will do a fun post on just that!!), swimming, playing, LOTS of arguing between kids now that summer is winding down, shopping (I LOVE shopping for school supplies!), and some parties. This past weekend we had a surprise party for my Dad's 50th, and boy, he was surprised! I thought for sure he knew, but au contraire. Also Mike and I went to the fair Friday night. Dang, I didn't even have a cream puff (I don't even care for the puff, I love the cream though!) but I had a baked potato which I had been thinking about all week. I worked at the store this past Tues and today. I hadn't been working nearly all of July, which was fine. We were pretty swamped with miscellaneous things, so it worked out well that my days, nights, and weekends were free. But it has felt great to be back there. I just love it there. I am feeling reinspired, something I really didn't feel most of summer, mostly because there just wasn't any time (unless I would stay up insanely late which would not have a good end result...trust me!! The lack of sleep is killing me already. I just have major insomnia randomly in the middle of several nights a week.) But with new stuff coming in to the store, and me putting all my scrap stuff in the space we made above the garage, I think I'm ready to finally bust out some tools again, scrappin' tools that is!!
2 comments:
Oh How I miss you my friend! I wish summer wasn't so crazy! I would love to get together and see your growing belly!!!
Yay for scrappin'! Post your projects when you get them up! And stay inspired for ScrapFest!
Post a Comment