Yesterday the girls and I went to a family's house from our church. They have six daughters (5 are in school with our kids). Each daughter invited a friend from school, and Maddie and Kaycey were invited. While Cal was invited to come along, he was not interested in hanging out with 12+ girls, so he had a fun day with Auntie (my sister). Their house was quite a bit further away than I expected (not a big deal--just adds to my in the car time for the week!) After the swimming fun, we had to pick Cal up and race home, because he was having a friend stay over. They had a blast, as always. Apparently this is sleepover #28 for them (I really don't think they've had that many, but I'm not going to argue with them!) Baseball, baseball stats, nintendo, and giggles is all I heard till about 12:30am. Today they played baseball and decided to go swimming. Sadie and I sat outside by the pool and watched the fun. The fun came to an abrupt halt when Cal's friend slipped off the top step of the ladder, backwards to the ground. He hurt his hand, and I had a hunch that his arm was broken. His mom, who was at a tournament for his older brother, came to pick him up to take him for xrays. And yes, turns out he broke his arm. Not the break I was looking for : ( I feel so awful!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had someone get hurt in their care and it wasn't their own kid????
2 comments:
I surely know what you mean by getting things done at "home" first, before helping everyone else. Why is it so hard to finish a project??
Oh no-not the only one. David had a friend who was over and they were climbing trees and his friend fell -- yup broke his arm in 3 places -- right by the growth plate and I felt HORRIBLE! Oh geez.. now I still do.. I better call and see how his is doing (the guilt.. it has been 11 years!! LOL).
Hang tough - totally not your fault. Don;t be surprised though if the friends health insurance company calls you and makes you cover it on your home owners insurance. (ask me for more info -- I do this at Quad for a living).
Post a Comment