Thursday, June 10, 2010

summertime

I was an awful May blogger and journal keeper, so I am vowing to attempt to do better this month. So summer vacation has been alive for nearly two weeks. Let's just say there's only 77 days of summer left till school starts again...

But in between the arguing and teasing and name-calling and whining, there have been a few *good* blog worthy moments since school let out...

Getting their very own library cards.

A little baby with two little toothies...can you see them??
Cal made his debut as pitcher for his baseball team this past Monday. The game ended in a tie. Tonight he pitched and had an inning where he didn't allow a single run!! (His team also won 14-4 tonight)
(I have to make room on my computer to upload more pictures. We need another external hard drive!!)

Signed up for summer school today. While Maddie isn't able to take any classes until next year, the two older kids convinced her that summer school is so bad that they make you drink onion juice, hit your butt, and lock you in a basement. Maddie has politely declined going to summer school next year.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, that picture of Sadie with her little tooth and chubby cheeks just made me laugh! How adorable!

Rhonda said...

Good for Cal for pitching -- Nick only pitched for 2 years and it was stressful every game (for him AND me !!)

I am doing the countdown for school to start as well.. this has been a LONG 2 weeks already. The food bill AND the teenage boy attitude!!

Katherine said...

I thought they had to drink onion juice and get slapped on the butt at home when they are naughy?:)
And I too vow to be a better blogger in June than I was in May. Are we thinking it will be easier to find computer time with the kids home? Maybe we need to rethink that.