Sunday, February 19, 2012

love it or list it

So I don't watch a lot of television, but if the t.v. is on at night, and stops at HGTV, look out.  I am hooked.  Property Brothers, House Hunters, & Love It or List It...  I caught Love It or List It for the first time not very long ago, and thought, "Man, we need to get on this show."  The hostess fixes up your current house (whether renovating, decorating, finishing touches) to convince you to stay in your current house.  The host then finds houses to try and make you want to move.  Not saying I want to move, saying I want my very new house to be finished :)   Before building, we searched high and low for an old farm house to gut and renovate, but no such luck, and we decided to build.  So, even still, every other month or so, I take a peek at house listings. I'm not really sure why I do; curious what's out there I suppose, curious at prices.  I found an A.MAZ.ING. house. It's an old stage coach inn...from 1865. 4900sqft. Two outbuildings/barns.  Everything on the property has been completely renovated already. All stone. Seven acres. Swoon. Mike was even so amazed he asked if there was an open house coming up. I don't think we'll actually go to an open house. I don't want to wish to move. But oh man, this house is amazing.


We even did a "drive-by" today we were so curious (Mike suggested it!).  We looked on google maps last night and compared to our house, 150ft off of a quiet road, this house looked about 50ft off of the road (and it's on a busy county road).  Sure enough, it was very close to the road.  But it looked awesome nonetheless.  It's been for sale forever, and has dropped $25,000 since the first of this year alone.  Sigh.  Maybe we can get on one of those shows on HGTV so our current house could at least be finished?!


No comments: