Monday, February 27, 2012

be inspired

A huge chain reaction has occurred--I read blogs.  Lots of blogs.  Those people read blogs.  And so on.  I am now hooked on bunches of blogs I found through other blogs.  I found a couple new ones worthy of checking out (NOT scrapbook-y, just all around life inspiring and crafty, too, though one is a Project Lifer) Little Blue Boo and Jenny Meyerson.  In addition to the new found blogs to inspire (like, for real inspire. One is going through chemo now, one went through it). I am reading "The Happiness Project".  Quite frankly, I confess I am having a hard time really getting into the book.  First of all, it's written way too much like a research paper (lots of quoting and referring to other books...I have a hard time not wanting to skip those pages).  And this gal is plenty happy to begin with.  But, she felt she could be even happier.  For a year, she chose things in her life that could use some change, more time, etc.  Each month she tackled one of those things.  She also came up with a list of "commandments" for herself to stay true to.  If you want to know more about the book, see HERE.

SO with that being said, using this concept of each month of having a goal or focus, I've decided to make this the year of trying/doing/(perhaps buying--like a new car for me ) : ) new things.  I was also inspired by Jenny Meyerson's LIST (hers is VERY complete, essentially a 'bucket list').  Each month I would like to "conquer" something.  Maybe literally, like skiing (I'm deathly afraid to try anything adventurous, but a wee part of me really wants to give it a go).  Or finishing a project I've started (HA!  How to choose between the million I've started...).  Or reading a new book (I have a huge list of books I want to read, and add to it weekly).  Now it's all about finding the balance and time.  In January, I started the Project Life scrapbook.  This month, I started a new business venture.  With the recent snow, maybe I can try skiing next month??

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

COOL! You are very inspiring, Elizabeth. Can't wait to see what you choose to do.

Mary said...

And I thought my list of 'things to do/try' was long! You've got me beat by a mile!

Katherine said...

Ha...this post makes me tired. Can't wait to hear more of what you accomplish!