Saturday, April 19, 2008

Drywalling Monday!!!

For some reason I can't upload pictures to the blog unless it's in the blog I type up. It says internal error if I try to put the pictures elsewhere on the blog. And when I put pictures in my post, it takes 2 minutes for each picture!! Then every few that I try to upload to a post, it'll say internal error. No idea what this means.


Yikes, now things are moving right along! Okay so while all this is moving right along, the cabinet guy still hasn't even met with us about details or measurements. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I am rather certain he will be the hold up in moving into the house. Mike is out there alone all this weekend working to clean the house up (the house needs to be cleaned up for the drywallers). He also was planning on getting some siding done. We got the pieces that go above the outside of the windows, but he isn't sure how to install them. So siding on the front of the house will have to wait. Painting could start in a little over 2 weeks!! I've been diligently looking at paint colors, and the only room I haven't figured out at all is the mudroom. Most of the other rooms, I think I at least know a color, maybe not a particular shade yet, but a color!! But the mudroom, I have no idea. The laundry room is a little up in the air as well. I bought 2 quilts from Target for the girls' room (they were on sale and I've wanted them for over a year). But now I'm just not sure...it's from the shabby chic collection (I tried to find the picture online but can't, so I'll have to take a picture of it). It's adorable--pinks, whites, and pale green. I think it's perfect for little girls, but it may get dirty very easily. But at the same time, I thought that pink would be great in the laundry room, with the white beadboard cabinets!! I thought about doing brighter colors in the girls' bedroom...I'm just not sure. The alternative in the laundry room is bright--red, orange, and yellow perhaps--if I keep the pink/shabby chic for the girls' room. Not sure what to do....


We walked through Mike's aunt's house (it's awesome, by the way!!) late last week to check out their drywall texture (they are building, too, and just finished painting). We decided to go with the drywall texture they are doing. There are so many texture options it's ridiculous! I wanted something kind of subtle, nothing too noticeable. So our insulation is done, and I took some pictures, but it's really hard to get the picture without actually being in the room. I would love a camera that can capture most of the room. I can't really do that with my camera. It's weird to talk in the house now, everything used to echo. Now it's so quiet. We have almost every wall soundproofed (something extra we did because it's recommended when you have first floor open to the second floor). So it's kind of cool how they do the insulation. I think they put this sheet over the walls and poke a hole in it and use some thing to fill up the walls with the insulation. Now you can get a feel when you walk in what everything will really look like since the walls are covered. The window sizes in the master and dining seem okay afterall, it seemed to me they were too small (not that it could be changed anyhow!!) It would have been nice to have the windows go to the floor but oh well! The dining room window isn't centered in the dining room, which we knew designing the plan, it's more noticeable than I thought but it's not a big deal really. It's going to be the playroom temporarily anyhow!


So it was supposed to be really crummy on Thursday and Friday, and it ended up being beautiful on Thursday and not so bad yesterday. Thursday morning after I took the kids to school, we ended up going over to play with Lauren (she is Maddies age and her big sister is in Kaycey's class). They live in walking distance to the new house (about 1/2--3/4 mile maybe??) We went for a walk...and oh my, I thought I was going to fall over. First of all, it is very hilly around there. I was pushing this huge double stroller thing that Maddie was sitting in. Second of all, we walked for nearly 2 hours!! It was 2.8 miles I think (I drove the route when I left to see how far we walked!). I am going to take a picture of the hill we went up, because it is like a mountain. Hopefully I'll be able to upload it to show you this hill nearby! It'll be nice to have someone to play with who lives nearby!! So then all of a sudden it was lunch time, so we stayed for lunch. Then I had some things to do before I picked up the kids from school, so she offered to keep Maddie till after school. The 2 girls played so nice!! It is great that Maddie will have someone her age to play with, especially while the big kids are at school.

Well, hopefully I'll figure out why I can't get pictures to upload well all of a sudden. By the way, the exterior picture of the house is no different--other than there is no snow anymore: )



DINING ROOM LIGHT I BOUGHT (not 100% sure I'll keep this one...)



DINING ROOM (at the top of the picture you can kind of see the stepped ceiling)




INSULATION IN THE NOOK



MASTER BATH




MASTER BEDROOM WITH INSULATION




PART OF THE GARAGE-INSULATED (we are drywalling the garage).






No comments: