Today Kaycey is 6 years old!! It was so cute when I dropped her off at school this morning. Her friend, Madison, came running into the hallway to tell her to close her eyes when she came into class. Some of her friends were making her pictures & cards. Amanda rushed out and gave her a big hug and said, "Happy Birthday, Kaycey!!"
So the entire house is drywalled, and they've done at least one coat of mudding and taping. They will do 3 coats. Mike spent time trying to get the furnace to work out there (which as of this morning it does). He also put one of the pieces above the windows. Even he thought it looked really nice! I am glad I decided to do that : ) (those crown moulding things above the windows).
I met with the cabinet guy Saturday morning, and it took 2 hours to go over all the cabinets in the house!! Boy, we are going to have cabinetry in practically every room. If I had my way, I would have built ins in every room!!! We aren't doing the built-ins in the kid's rooms yet, but I'd like to someday. So I feel pretty confident about my wood floor color and cabinet color. I am opting against the white island--and not because I want to!! Mike is anti-white island, and the cabinet guy strongly suggested against a white one, but maybe an offwhite with a very light brown tone. I do love that look as well, but since the built in bench in the nook is going to be white, that would've meant changing that to the same color as the island, and I didn't want to do that either. I think that we'll go with all stainless steel appliances, where I thought we'd do a black fridge. I don't want the room to be too dark with the dark floor, but there are so many stinkin' lights in the kitchen, it's almost ridiculous. We have 2 above the island, one above the nook area, and I think 8 or 9 canned lights throughout the kitchen!! I guess I don't have to worry aboout it being dark. And quite honestly, on Saturday the whole house was pretty bright (and it was a cloudy day!). Here are some pics from late last week before they began mudding and taping the walls. The first one of the house is of the moulding thing above the window in the bonus room that Mike put up yesterday.
A layout of Maddie I made yesterday.
moulding above window.
Cal climbing a tree.
Bonus room looking toward the backyard.
Dining room--you can see the stepped ceiling really well in the picture.
1 comment:
I LOOOOOOOOOVE your house! Can I move in. I promise I will clean up after myself! LOL
Post a Comment