It's a possibility. The whole house is rocked (the sheets of drywall are up) except a couple areas, because the drywallers actually nailed through one of our pipes. So they had to stop, and the plumber needs to come out and replace it. The water isn't on yet, so it didn't cause a mess or anything. It's really starting to look like a house!! SO now they will tape and mud the drywall. After that's complete, it takes time to dry. SO we've had the HVAC guys over to get our furnaces up and running to have them on to help in drying everything out. Once that is done, they will spray the entire house (just white paint with whatever texture we want). Then a primer will be sprayed over it all. Then....we paint!!! Mike said it's possible we will be ready to paint next weekend. It depends how quickly the drywallers continue to work, and how fast it's all dried and ready to go.
In other house news, I bought all of the lights Tuesday. I was there for another 2 1/2 hours (which makes I think around 8 total hours I spent looking at lights and fans in the past week). And quite honestly I just couldn't do it anymore. The longer I looked at the everything the more I considered changing my mind on things. Not just a fixture itself, but the color of a fixture, too. Finally, I said I'm done with this!! SO I think I am still one light and one ceiling fan shy but I think I did well. I even stayed under budget (and I didn't even know what the budget was at the time!!) I did realize after the fact that the lights I got for the entryway and hallway going upstairs do not match the door handle on the front door (color). I don't know if this will be a big deal or not. I totally went against decorating rules and bought stuff in all different finishes instead of staying with one color of finish for the whole house. Oh well. I think it'll be fine. The fixtures that were on the expensive end of my spending (which really were not all that expensive) I know I am keeping. There are a couple smaller ones I am not sure about, but they can be returned or exchanged. SO on to flooring!!! I went to a flooring store that very same day, and got to bring home samples. I found a wood floor I love, but it's so dark it almost looks black when it's not in the light. SO I may have to reconsider that one, and go a little bit lighter (though I know I still want it to be dark). I got some vinyl samples too and they look like tile. I think that's what we're going to do instead of tile, for a few reasons--the vinyl floor will be warmer than ceramic tile, it will cost $1000+ less than the tile, and it looks like tile!!! I took pictures of the samples though the wood floor sample looks darker in the picture, so I'll have to see if I can lighten it up. Once painting is done, the floors go in, so we have to get moving on finalizing the floors!! We are meeting with the cabinet guy Saturday morning to go over specifics. Mike is sick over the fact I want to do the white island. He was bugged enough by the white woodwork and the white/stained staircase. More white to him = : (
I scrapbooked on Friday night, but it's been so long since I've scrapbooked I feel like I forgot how. I would like to set a goal and make a page a day, but I don't know if that'll happen. I have most of my stuff with me, but it's a mess. It'll take me days just to organize it again from packing it up when we moved to my Dad and Maria's house. That would be a good project, except that it's been so nice outside this whole week, so I'd rather do outdoor things. And as if I don't have enough to do!! We have a school dance to go to Friday night, I think it'll be fun. It'll be a good chance to meet more parents, too, seeing as that's been a hard thing to do since most kids take the bus. Cal has been sick for a couple days, even home from school. Hopefully he feels much better and will be able to come to the dance with us.
I'll post drywalled house pictures and samples ASAP!!
No comments:
Post a Comment