Monday, April 7, 2008

An incredibly exhausting week...

Yea, I have the internet at my Dad's. So the moving is over. Just like that. We closed today, and we left with no house, and no money (every penny instantly transferred over to the construction loan). As for the move, I worked so hard at keeping things organized and labeled, but by the time Saturday rolled around, there just wasn't time for that anymore. That's when things got put into drawers, partly because we were running out of time, partly because we were worried we'd run out of room in our pod, which is actually from a company called SAM (Store and Move). So appropriately our little storage thing had a name, we called him Sam. Sam currently resides in the driveway at the new house. Anyhow, thankfully we had lots of help over the weekend from Mike's parents, and my Grandma, as well as my Dad. And yesterday one of the Moms from school (Big Bend) called and offered to watch all 3 kids while I finished packing stuff up. Her daughter is in class with Kaycey, and she also has a daughter Maddie's age. They live not too far from our house, so it'll be nice to have someone we can walk or ride bikes with, and play with all summer. She is really nice, and she seems interested in getting more into scrapbooking! Yea, another scrapbooking friend for me to have!! I can't get enough of those : ) even though I haven't seen my scrappin buddies for weeks, since I took off of work to concentrate on packing and moving the past week and a half. I miss them!

It was a long week. We have so much stuff. I am so glad we only have to do this one more time. The move to my Dad's went much smoother than I anticipated, though bedtime for the kids gets tricky. They are sharing a room. But they've been pretty behaved. I th0ught for sure Maddie would ask to go home, but I think she understands what is going on. We ended up bringing way too much stuff along with us, but it all has a place at my Dad & Stepmom's house, so it doesn't look to crazy cluttered unless you walk into the 2 bedrooms we are occupying or the basement.

In new house news, we had a couple things to take care of in order to pass inspection. I think the insulators were going to come out today anyways and get started, though Mike wasn't sure they should. With the wonderfulweather we had this past weekend, the ground really had an opportunity to dry up more, so we have our fingers crossed that drywall will be ready and able to come in within a couple weeks. I still have decisions to make on the lighting, some sinks, and we meet with the cabinet guy soon to go over exact measurements and specifics. The front of the house still is unchanged, but once the guys get moving on insulating and drywalling, that will give Mike a chance to work on the outside.

I have pictures to post of the move and other stuff, but until my laptop is up and running, I won't be uploading my pics anywhere. It was so sad to close the door the last time at the now old house. It's sad we lived there for 5 and a half years and just recently (since fall) the kids started finding neighbor kids to play with there. I decided that will be my next scrapbooking page, "so long little house". To think of everything over the past 5 and a half years...all the things that happened there. So many birthdays, a new baby (Maddie), Kaycey's awful year, Cal riding a 2 wheeler...so many things happened in our little house. I didn't get the chance to really enjoy the last week there, I didn't even really think about it until it was time to say goodbye. We always wanted a bigger house at some point, esp. since it seemed it was bursting at the seams nowadays. No matter, we loved our little house. So many memories, good and bad. Goodbye, little house. We'll miss you.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, Elizabeth. I almost cried thinking about your old house. :) I hate goodbyes. I miss you, too!