Or at least if you do, do not use the electrician, painter, or carpet place that we used . Our electric is done, says the electrician--too bad there is nothing for the ovens or cooktop to plug into. And too bad a couple lights still don't work, and we still don't have the switches we asked for. Our painter was supposed to be done Saturday night. Too bad he didn't show up Friday or Saturday, and so he was going to work all day yesterday and all night to get the baseboard and trim painted in every room that would get carpet, seeing as the carpet was to be installed today. Too bad the carpet place somehow managed to take us off the schedule and no one called to tell us, even though the appraiser is coming tomorrow--and the carpet is supposed to be in for them to do the appraisal (do not use Carpetland). This all sucks.
I spent about 5 hours yesterday cleaning all the rooms that will get carpet. Cleaning for the 2nd time in a week. The painter hasn't even begun taping off the first floor (covering up the walls/windows from getting white paint). I'd tell you not to use this guy either, but I don't know his name. So our very first painter is in jail because of a DUI. The next one got relieved of duties for doing a crap job. And now this one. What a freaking joke.
Saturday the rails & ballusters on the porch got put on; once we move in we'll take them off and paint them white.
Our inside stairs are coming along nicely, too, though not done yet...
**UPDATE**
I just got off the phone with Mike, and I can't even believe any of this. He got out to the house to find that the painter only did one coat of paint (supposed to do 2 coats). On top of the that, he missed spots, and what's worse he got white paint all over our already painted walls and some on the windows themselves. So every room he's been in needs to be repainted with color, and all before the carpet gets put in. And, he ripped down all the paper/tape covering the windows and walls (not the entire wall was covered with paper, just about a foot that was visible near the woodwork was covered) so we can't attempt to try to repaint the woodwork ourselves if we wanted to; we don't have time to retape and cover walls. There's so much else to do. The appraisal (which we need the carpet for); the inspection, and we are closing on the loan on Friday. We don't have the option of finding a new painter; it's really expensive and again we are running out of time. I want this guy fired, but no one listens to me. I've said it since the first day he came. So now we'll have late nights at the house repainting and cleaning some more, on top of everything else that needs to be done in order to get the appraisal and inspection done. If I have it my way, this painter will not get a dime from us. When he showed up yesterday, Mike and his Dad had to go buy white paint because the kind this guy showed up with was not the right kind. I just can't believe this. So now I am on my way to the paint store to rebuy gallons of paint for every room with carpeting. Who knows how the trim and baseboard will get painted in any other room, or repainted in the rooms with carpet.
2 comments:
Has the situation improved yet? (*crosses all available body parts*)
Oh my lord...I am so sorry for all the trouble you have been through. I hope it gets better and you get to move in soon.
FYI ~ We get to work together on this sunday. I am working for Tricia. Just thought maybe that would brighten your day!
Post a Comment