Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally...



Yes, we have an occupancy permit!! We can *officially* move in!!

After an exceptionally frustrating week, we are finally able to move in. It seems pretty unreal, yet. Carpet is in, though I haven't seen in finished yet. There's still so much to do, though. Besides cleaning out all the nooks and crannies, the important things to still do (well, at least I think they are important): closet shelves/rods, mirrors in the bathrooms, put the doors back on (the interior doors had been taken off to be painted), put cabinet shelves and doors on, put the ovens, cooktop, and fridge in (they still aren't in the house), buy a microwave, buy lots of other little stuff--just miscellaneous groceries (of course), toilet paper, all that kind of stuff, and I want to buy rugs for shoes by the front and back door (no shoes allowed in the house!!), and emptying SAM into the garage so the stuff can sit and air out after being in there for 4 months!!! It is exciting, I just am exhausted mentally from it all. I am happy we'll be in before school starts, and I am really looking forward to the fun stuff--hanging up pictures & decor!! I have lots of stuff I bought with the intentions of making my own art in the kid's bath, but haven't gotten to that yet, don't know when I will!!! And there's so much to move...but it's ok. We can get in the house! Yea!!

Didn't get the chance to report last week on the running water and flushing toilets. I think that was one of the most exciting things ever!! My kitchen sink/faucet...with water!!!





The finished balcony (before carpet)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

YAY!!! I never thought I would be so excited to see a piece of paper. I'm sure you are feeling the same way.