Thursday, August 7, 2008

OCCUPANCY....

on Monday?? Unlikely, since the inspector will probably find something that needs to be fixed or whatever to get our official occupancy permit. But, he is coming on Monday to inspect. One bad thing about this...the electrician hasn't been there to finish or fix things, which would be a definite NO on the permit. Besides the lights that don't go off at all, and the lights that don't go on, the pantry & front closet have no light or switch installed (though there is a hole in the ceiling for each of them) he installed the wrong light switches in the entire house (completely his fault--when they started with the wrong switches, Mike's dad called and told him they were wrong) and in the next few days they came and finished up the switches...but continued with the wrong ones (so in the house now is a regular flip up/down switch; we are going to have the kind where you can control the ceiling fan on the switch and able to dim the lights).
An unusual moment when the kids were getting along.


Posts on the porch!!!!!!!!!!!



So if by some sort of miracle, the electric does get done, there is a chance we could have the permit Monday/early next week. Which means more cleaning before moving stuff in. And I want to have all curtains/rods/shades whatever up before I would sleep there. All the stuff in good ole SAM (our storage cube sitting in our driveway) will need to be brought in the basement/garage/wherever for some time to air out because everything will stink of moth balls. There is a chance we could get a permit to begin to move in but not occupy the house. That would be good and fine with me too. There is so much stuff to be moved, it's ridiculous!! Two rooms full of stuff at my Dad's, plus a large portion of his basement & stuff in his garage. An entire bedroom full of stuff-- from floor to the ceiling --at Mike's parents' house, as well as stuff in their basement, too. Plenty of our stuff in my Grandma's basement to be moved. Uh, everything in SAM, too. It is going to take so many truckloads to move everything, I can't even begin to imagine!!
The inside stairs are close to being done, especially with the painters out there--they are painting all the white stuff (woodwork, doors, window frames, etc.) with paint and some other protective coat. ANyhow, since they were out there yesterday and today, I bet things are looking different and clean and white!! I'm excited to see it, and excited to go out there tonight and take pictures. The balcony looks awesome, and I'm sure the stairs will, too (not sure if they are finished putting the pieces together for those or not).

The very clean kitchen!! There is NOTHING in the kitchen that shouldn't be there! (ex. tools, excess dust, garbage....) except the hardwood floor is still covered with cardboard to protect it with working people still coming in and out so much. The kitchen is missing the cabinet doors, one sink, faucets, and appliances...you can barely see in the picture but the dishwasher is sitting in there (not in it's place yet). That ladder is where the fridge will go.


The floor of the finished fireplace:

Little helper (the kids come out there alot, and they like to "help", so Grandpa sets them up with hammer and a board with nails and puts them to work! They love it !!)

Some non house news....Kaycey goes to get her hairpiece fitted today. If it fits correctly, they'll style it/trim it up today, too! It'll be so different to see her with hair. It's been 3 1/2 years since she lost it. Oh, and Cal just got his head shaved (he wants to look like Cal Ripken, Jr.).

2 comments:

Morgan said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!
You have got to be kidding me...I am so super excited for you!!! I can't wait to see it. I love that you have this blog and I can always find out what is going on with you and the house. I am also so very excited for Kaycey, I am sure she is thrilled.
Hopefully I will see you soon.

Mary said...

Sounds like you're getting really close to the finish line! Congrats!