Thursday, October 9, 2008

Break a leg!!!

...or a finger. Cal broke his finger at football tonight, and we have to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. It is definitely broken; Mike took him to urgent care right when it happened. Poor Cal!! At least it is his left hand--he's a righty. We are hoping it's nothing too serious, but I don't know what is usually done for an injury like this. Hearing "orthopedic surgeon" is a little unnerving.

I have a very busy week and a half coming up...tomorrow Maddie has dance class (somehow I totally forgot about it last Friday!). Also, have to work out the surgeon stuff first thing tomorrow. Tomorrow night is a special event at the scrap. store for a friend who has started her own company, Bella Blvd. Check it out!! www.bellablvd.typepad.com/ It should be fun!! Saturday Kaycey has a soccer game; Cal is out for the season unfortunately. I work at the store for a few hours Saturday afternoon. Sunday I have an appt. to get my hair cut and colored--I haven't cut it since January. Colored it sometime this summer I think. I'm not one to really bother with my hair much, but I thought it'd be a good thing--right before a birthday and a weekend away!! Monday I have an oil change on the car we are driving the 7 1/2 hours, and Kaycey has an eye dr. appt. Something tells me there is something going on Monday night...can't remember what. Tues & Weds I'll be at the store working. SOmewhere in there I have to pack bags for myself and kids (kids are staying home with my granparents for a night and then going to Mike's parents house for the wknd). And make sure there is groceries for stuff to take on our trip and for the kids' lunches. We realized that Mack. Isl. is an hour ahead, so we have to leave extra early. Thankfully my Grandma is coming to stay Weds. night so Mike and I can get a really early start (like 5am!) We have to make the last ferry, which is at 4:30pm. My Grandma will see the older two kids off to school, and spend the day with Maddie. I have to write out a schedule/timeline for all the grandparents involved, too--when to catch the bus, phone numbers, etc!!!

Some things I have worked on recently (and not so recently!!) I've been arranging and unpacking more, and come across things I forgot about!! I'll post some projects tomorrow.

No comments: